The University of Evansville Career Advocates are student leaders who provide outreach and initial career development support to students. They meet with students seeking advice/support on career-related topics like resume and cover letter development. The Advocates are conveniently available in the Center for Career Development on a walk-in basis; no appointment is necessary! Check out their drop-in hours below! Appointments, however, can be made by emailing a Career Advocate.
Virtual appointments available by emailing a Career Advocate.
Follow us on:
Career Advocate Drop-In Hours, Fall 2023
- Major: Exercise Science, Pre-PT
- Hometown: Terre Haute, IN
- Fun Fact: Plays Professional Disc Golf
- Biography: Elliot is way too energetic for someone who doesn't drink coffee. On campus, Elliot is involved as an Admissions Ambassador and a Resident Assistant in New Hall. In his free time, he plays and teaches disc golf, watches the Boston Celtics, and plays board games with his friends. He is enrolled in the direct entry program to the University of Evansville's graduate DPT school and hopes to become a pediatric Physical Therapist one day.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Major: Cognitive Science
- Minor: Sociology
- Hometown: Seattle, WA
- Biography: Sadie Scovern is curious, creative, enthusiastic, and empathetic person. Her passions include singing, crafting, and drawing. Spending time with people is one of her favorite things to do, especially when it involves interesting conversations and lots of laughing. She is involved in RSA as the Director of Special Events, and she enjoys working collaboratively with other students and generating ideas for fun future events.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Hometown: Terre Haute, Indiana
- Majors: Communication and Political Science
- Fun Fact: Because her family loves engineering and robotics, Devon's puppy Otis is named after the man who invented the elevator!
- Biography: Devon is an optimistic, passionate, and team-oriented person who loves working with others to help them reach their goals. She's been involved in FIRST Robotics since she was nine, and still volunteers for the program. Devon hopes to work for FIRST as a STEM education lobbyist after graduation. In her free time, Devon loves to dance, read, write, and work on art projects like calligraphy and bullet journaling.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hometown: Evansville, Indiana
- Major: Psychology
- Fun Fact: I have summited Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa
- Biography: When she’s not spending time with her friends and family, Sue loves spending time with her dog, Juniper, and two guinea pigs, Daisy and Rose. She loves to read, dance, do yoga, and spend time in nature. Sue has also traveled a lot and enjoys experiencing different cultures and foods. She uses her social skills and enthusiasm to create connections with others and she hopes to put this to use as a career advocate. After graduation, Sue hopes to attend DPT school at UE.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Majors: Political Science and Criminal Justice
- Minors: Legal Studies and Music
- Fun Fact: I have laid the wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery twice.
- Biography: Benton is an ambitious, goal-oriented person that values knowledge and education. He has played oboe for nine years and continues to play in the University Wind Ensemble. Benton’s true passion lies in politics. His career goals include working as a Federal Prosecutor, running for Congress, and being elected as Speaker of the House of Representatives.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org