The University of Evansville Career Advocates are student leaders who provide outreach and initial career development support to students. They meet with students seeking advice/support on career-related topics like resume and cover letter development. The Advocates are conveniently available in the Center for Career Development on a walk-in basis; no appointment is necessary! Check out their drop-in hours below! Appointments, however, can be made by emailing a Career Advocate.
Virtual appointments available by emailing a Career Advocate.
Follow us on:
Career Advocate Drop-In Hours, Spring 2023
|9:00-10:00 a.m.||Sarah (until 9:30)||Sarah||Sarah (until 9:30)||Sarah|
Sadie (until 12:30)
|1:00-2:00 p.m.||Sadie (until 1:30)
|2:00-3:00 p.m.||Nora (in at 2:30)||Sue||Nora (in at 2:30)|
Sue (in at 3:30)
- Major: Management, International Studies
- Hometown: St. Louis, MO
- Biography: Always ready for adventure, Sarah Curtin is a world traveler and an active member of International Club. When she’s not planning out another dream vacation, you can find her curled up watching anime, K-drama, or all things Marvel. She is also a member of Venture Crew and the Honor’s College. This fall, Sarah is excited to start her newest adventure as a Career Advocate, and can’t wait to assist students along the way.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Major: Sports Communication
- Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
- Biography: Nora Ruotolo is a passionate Bengals fan. When she isn't rooting for her favorite sports teams, she enjoys traveling and exploring cities. Nora spends time volunteering at Potters Wheel and playing basketball with her friends. She also is the writer and an account executive for Embrace Marketing and Communications. After graduation, Nora hopes to work in fan engagement for a professional sports team.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Major: Cognitive Science
- Minor: Sociology
- Hometown: Seattle, WA
- Biography: Sadie Scovern is curious, creative, enthusiastic, and empathetic person. Her passions include singing, crafting, and drawing. Spending time with people is one of her favorite things to do, especially when it involves interesting conversations and lots of laughing. She is involved in RSA as the Director of Special Events, and she enjoys working collaboratively with other students and generating ideas for fun future events.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hometown: Terre Haute, Indiana
- Majors: Communication and Political Science
- Fun Fact: Because her family loves engineering and robotics, Devon's puppy Otis is named after the man who invented the elevator!
- Biography: Devon is an optimistic, passionate, and team-oriented person who loves working with others to help them reach their goals. She's been involved in FIRST Robotics since she was nine, and still volunteers for the program. Devon hopes to work for FIRST as a STEM education lobbyist after graduation. In her free time, Devon loves to dance, read, write, and work on art projects like calligraphy and bullet journaling.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Hometown: Evansville, Indiana
- Major: Psychology
- Fun Fact: I have summited Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa
- Biography: When she’s not spending time with her friends and family, Sue loves spending time with her dog, Juniper, and two guinea pigs, Daisy and Rose. She loves to read, dance, do yoga, and spend time in nature. Sue has also traveled a lot and enjoys experiencing different cultures and foods. She uses her social skills and enthusiasm to create connections with others and she hopes to put this to use as a career advocate. After graduation, Sue hopes to attend DPT school at UE.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org