Applying for the Center for Career Development Internship or Co-op Program
The entire process to apply for the Center for Career Development internship or co-op program can be found in Handshake. Click on Career and then Experiences. Students must submit their request for an experience which begins the process. If you have not contacted a career advisor at the career center, schedule an appointment through the Appointment tab in Handshake.
Congratulations on considering an internship or co-op! This honor brings with it great responsibility as you represent yourself and UE. The information outlines the requirements with the Center of Career Development (CCD). Below is the general checklist for your convenience.
Experiential education type:
Traditional Co-op, Concurrent Co-op, Engineering Internship, EXED Internship
- Schedule appointment(s) with the Center for Career Development
- Explore course options and complete the Cooperative Education and Internship Policies and Procedures to review.
- Bring or submit prior to appointment a job description and offer letter plus other documentation as needed to be reviewed by the CCD staff; international students, F-1 or J-1 Visa need Advisor's Form.
- Register for the appropriate class as indicated by CCD. (CCD must have signed Policies & Procedures form, job description, offer letter, and copy of transcript/eligibility verified before you can register)
- Load résumé into Handshake and have approved by the Center for Career Development.
- Register/Complete EXED 090: Building Your Professional Image as required.
- Meet with Financial Aid (co-op students only) to discuss the potential impact of your decision on your financial aid package and provide email documentation to CCD.
- Contact academic advisor (co-op students only) to discuss course registration/curriculum checklist for the remainder of your academic program and provide email documentation.
- If applicable, meet with Office of Residence Life to adjust housing arrangements.
- Sign Employer Agreement.
- Execute Experiential Learning Basic Information. Complete all employer expectations.
- Submit all evaluation documentation - See Syllabus.
Please contact the Center for Career Development (email@example.com) if you have any questions.