Events and Celebrations
The Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strives to celebrate diversity in all forms through sociocultural events held throughout the year. Events are typically held on campus and planned by the Center as well as students in the Fellow Scholars program. Speaker series are also held to create awareness and provide engaging opportunities for the UE community.
Previous events and celebrations have been held at the University of Evansville for the following:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- This annual event is sponsored by lectureship funds from William G. and Rose Mays, who are Class of 1967 alumni of UE. The Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Annual Celebration is held every third Monday in January.
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Italian American Heritage Month
- Irish American Heritage Month
- Interfaith Dialogue
- Veterans Day
- International Education Week
- Black History Month
- Disability Awareness Month
- Women’s History Month
- UE will host a virtual Women’s History Month Panel at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 28. Register for the event today!
- PRIDE March
- International Bazaar
- International Food Festival
- Christmastime on Campus
- Advent Vespers