John Collins Moore Society
Furthering Our Founder's Vision through Planned Gifts
John Collins Moore is the visionary who founded what is now the University of Evansville in 1854. Our founder truly believed in the transformational power of education and wanted it for both men and women. Mr. Moore gave the land and funding to start Moores Hill Male and Female Collegiate Institute in 1854. On the John Collins Moore Society logo, there is a rendering of Moores Hill College as it was in the mid-1800s.
Because planned gifts -- especially bequests -- are so vital to the future financial health of the University of Evansville, we chose the name of our University's founder to represent this important group of UE benefactors.
Planned Gifts refers to gifts to the University that are tied to your estate plan. These could be bequests, charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, insurance, annuity trusts, lead trusts and other such gifts. Find more information on planned gifts.
The Executive Committee of the John Collins Moore Society is charged with representing the Society and suggesting ways our University can thank and connect with John Collins Moore Society members.
Executive Committee members are Chairperson Rita Eykamp, Dr. Ronald Faust, Mrs. Diane Igleheart and Mr. Lew Plane.
The Olmsted Society recognizes donors who have made a gift to the University for five consecutive years or more. Membership is not based on the amount of giving.
Purple Star Society
The Purple Star Society recognizes donors who have made gifts to the University of $1,000 or more for at least five consecutive years.
The Clifford Circle, recognizing cumulative gifts of $1 million and above, is named in honor of George and Emily Orr Clifford.
George dreamed of a college for Evansville, which led him to propose to the Commission of Higher Education that Moores Hill College be moved here in 1919 and renamed Evansville College. His wife, Emily, was the first woman to serve on the College's Board of Trustees.
The inaugural members were inducted on Thursday, June 28, 2012, and the center of the Sesquicentennial Oval was dedicated the Clifford Circle. As of June 2012, the 49 members of the Clifford Circle have given $135,218,522.12 to the University of Evansville.