Certifications and Rankings
The University of Evansville is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois, 60604-1411
In addition, specific programs offered by the University of Evansville are accredited by their appropriate specialized professional organizations. Accreditation by professional organizations informs the public that the specific program has met standards of quality established by that profession.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Association of Schools of Music Commission on Accreditation
- Indiana Department of Education*
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Indiana State Board of Nursing
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
*By virtue of specialized program accreditation in engineering, nursing, education, physical therapy, and athletic training programs at the University of Evansville, students meet the minimum standards to sit for professional licensure examinations in these professional disciplines.
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- American Chemical Society
- American Music Therapy Association
State of Indiana
The University of Evansville is authorized by name in statute as an approved institution of higher education in the state of Indiana. In full compliance with federal rules, please contact the Indiana Commission for Higher Education following the steps outlined here for Indiana’s higher education complaint resolution process.
- Study Abroad Program Ranked #1 in America by BestCollegeReviews.org
- Accounting and Finance programs ranked #1 in the nation among small colleges by Master of Finance Degrees
- Ranked #25 among the best colleges for intramural sports by www.BestColleges.com
#8 in the “Best Regional Universities: Midwest” category of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges rankings (out of approximately 150 universities in 12 states)
- Best Value – Regional Universities (Midwest)
- Best Colleges for Veterans
- 13th among all colleges and universities for the percentage of students studying abroad
- fourth in the Midwest for number of international students
- “A-Plus School for B Students” in the Midwest
- #41 in Washington Monthly’s rankings of master’s-granting universities (out of 673 nationwide) and a Best Bang for the Buck in the Master’s category, placing #164 out of 403 schools.
- Named one of the nation's top 100 best value private colleges by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Named one of 159 “Best in the Midwest” universities by The Princeton Review
- #307 on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Colleges
- Consistently ranked in the top 20 nationally among master’s institutions for percentage of undergraduates studying abroad by the Institute of International Education.
- Named one of the nation’s most “Military Friendly Schools” by Victory Media/G.I. Jobs
- Named to the President's 2014 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, recognizing exemplary commitment to service and volunteering
- Named one of the nation's top 120 colleges for veterans by Military Times (UE was one of only 17 private schools included in the rankings of 86 four-year institutions)
For a full list of student and faculty achievements, please visit the Awards & Accomplishments page.