Monday, November 14
Life After Study Abroad Sessions
Smythe Lecture Hall (SB170) and Bernhardt Atrium
- Are you interested in incorporating your study abroad experiences into your future? Are you curious about opportunities beyond study abroad? Join us for sessions highlighting the following topics:
- Get Study Abroad on your Résumé/CV (12:00 p.m.)
- Résumé Tips for International Jobs (12:30 p.m.)
- Resources for International Job Searching (1:00 p.m.)
- Telling your Study Abroad Story in a Job Interview (1:30 p.m.)
- You are encouraged to attend any or all of the sessions you think best apply to your interests. We will serve snacks and have tables with pamphlets/guests to provide information about some options for life after study abroad!
Tuesday, November 15
International Film Night
7:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Join us for the screening of “In Tahrir Square,” an international film that focuses on the Egyptian revolution that changed history. Admission is free and the event is open to the public, so bring your friends and family! Snacks will be provided.
Wednesday, November 16
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Outside of Ridgway, or in Eykamp 251 if the weather is bad
- Join us for an international marketplace to celebrate multiple different countries and cultures! There will be several booths set up advertising international products, activities, and organizations. Stop by to support some local organizations, cast your vote in our photo contest, learn more about study abroad, and just have a good time!
Thursday, November 17
Foreign Language “Speed Dating”
4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Ridgway 2nd Floor
- At this event, you’ll have the chance to learn some key phrases from multiple different languages in a “speed dating” style. Spend a few minutes at one booth learning a language from our international students and then quickly move on to the next!
Friday, November 18
4:30 p.m.: Dining Area Opens for Students
5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Dining Area Opens for Everyone
8:00 p.m.: Entertainment and Cultural Booths
*Located in the Eykamp Ballrooms
- This event aims to highlight the many different cultures of our international students.