eBook collections are available to the UE community. If you have problems accessing a title, contact the Information Desk at 812-488-2482.
- EBSCOhost Academic eBook Collection - Subject collections available through this site include: Anthropology & Archaeology; Biology & Life Sciences; Emerging Markets/Global Economics; Environment & Sustainability; International Business; Math & Statistics; and Nursing.
- eBooks via Project Muse - Over 600 eBooks covering subjects in the humanities, arts and social sciences.
- Columbia Gazetteer of the World - A dictionary of geographic terms; major categories are the political world (countries, provinces, regions, etc.), the physical world (gulfs, valleys, mountains, etc.), and special places (airports, military bases, parks, etc.).
- CQ Political Research Suite - online version of CQ Press' acclaimed reference titles on government and politics like Washington Information Directory, Vital Statistics on American Politics 2005-2006, CQ's Politics in America 2006, Historic Documents Series 1972-2005, and much more.
- Gale Literature Criticism - Contemporary Literary Criticism, Drama Criticism, Classical and Medieval Criticism, and 20th-Century Literary Criticism
- Oxford English Dictionary - The accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium and is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past.
- Oxford Reference Online - brings together language and subject reference works from one of the world's biggest reference publishers into a single cross-searchable resource. Subjects include classics, computing, environment, biology, performing arts, and many more.
- Oxford Scholarship Online - Oxford Scholarship Online is an online library offering access to thousands of academic works from the celebrated scholarly list of Oxford University Press. UEL provides access to a portion of OSO’s content: business, management, economics, finance, literature, philosophy, religion, sociology. You can browse and search to your heart’s content or you can limit your search to sources UEL has access to. Do this by narrowing a search to unlocked, free and open access content on the left sidebar.
- The Reference Shelf by Salem Press - The Reference Shelf contains literary criticisms, Critical Insights, Decades in America collection, and general health information.
These websites are gateways to collections of free, full text books. Some require downloading, but many are viewable online. Most of the texts are in the public domain and free of charge.
- Digital Public Library of America - The DPLA brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.
- Europeana - Explore the digital resources of Europe's museums, libraries, archives and audio-visual collections.
- Google Books Search - Google offers nearly 3 million free e-books from the public domain.
- Indiana Authors and Their Books - full text books from Indiana authors who lived and published between 1850 and 1949.
- Online Books Page - Full text books available for reading free on the Internet from the U of PA Library.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations - open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world.
- Open Library - Open Library is an online site of over 1 million books and is part of the Internet Archive. Not all of the titles are available in digital format—some records link to WorldCat where library holdings of physical copies can be viewed.
- Project Gutenberg - The original collection of volunteer-keyed online texts which are available for downloading.