Indiana University School of Medicine-Evansville
The Indiana University School of Medicine-Evansville (IUSM-E) was established in 1972 as one of eight IU regional medical schools across Indiana. The program began offering four-year medical education for the first time in the summer of 2014. The mission of Indiana University School of Medicine - Evansville serving Southern Indiana is to:
- Provide outstanding medical education
- Conduct innovative research
- Promote excellent patient care with a focus on preventative medicine
The vision of the IUSM-E is to develop a world-class interdisciplinary team of scientist and clinicians working together to educate physicians and conduct innovative research in a scholarly environment that
- Promotes patient-centered preventive medicine.
- Emphasizes the scientific basis of healthy behavior throughout the four year competency-based medical curriculum