Scientific Minds and Compassionate Hearts
UE was the first BSN accredited program in the state of Indiana. We are celebrating over 60 years of continuous accreditation of our nursing program.
Nursing is both a science and an art, which is why UE’s Dunigan Family School of Nursing provides both a scientific and creative learning environment. For High School Seniors, we offer direct entry to our nursing program.
UE’s School of Nursing offers the following:
- Direct entry freshman year eligible students are guaranteed a spot once they deposit.
- Accepted nursing students who meet the requirements for direct entry are eligible for a Nursing scholarship in addition to other scholarships and financial aid. Value starting at $20,000/year ($15,000 Nursing Scholarship + $5,000 Housing Award).
- Simulations freshman through senior year.
- Six semesters of clinical experience at local facilities.
- Study abroad at Harlaxton and still graduate in four years. Nursing students also have the opportunity for service learning for a week in a remote, impoverished community in Jamaica.
- Division I athletics–Be a nursing student and an athlete.
- Personalized learning with small class sizes.
- Transfer students are eligible for direct entry to the program and receive scholarship awards.
- Clinical experiences begin in the second year and continue throughout the program providing students with additional learning opportunities for hands on patient care and leadership
- Transfer students may participate in the Harlaxton or Jamaica study abroad experience.
UE nursing students have many opportunities to gain global perspectives on nursing practice and health care. While at UE, the majority of nursing students study abroad. Students may study at Harlaxton College, UE's living learning center in Grantham, England, during the fall semester of their senior year and still graduate on time. Summer study abroad nursing courses are offered on a rotating basis. Opportunities may include studying abroad in China and inter-professional learning projects. Recent learning opportunities have included travel to England, China, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Guatemala.
UE's nursing program is accredited by the Indiana State Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 | Atlanta, Georgia 30326 | Phone: 404-975-5000 | Fax: 404-975-5020 | www.acenursing.org