UE Announces 2012-13 Andiron Lectures
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2012
The University of Evansville’s College of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce the 2012-13 schedule of Andiron Lectures in the liberal arts and sciences.
Established in 1982, the Andiron Lectures offer stimulating research, commentary, and reflection from many fields of study. Presenters are primarily drawn from the faculty of UE’s College of Arts and Sciences but also include faculty members and administrators from across the University campus and contributions from the regional community.
The Andiron Lectures are free and open to the public. Each of the following lectures will begin at 4 p.m. in Eykamp Hall (Room 252) in the Ridgway University Center.
- September 5, 2012: “Skipping Beats: The Impact of the Illegal Drug Trade on Colombian Music,” presented by Diana Rodríguez Quevedo, assistant professor of Spanish
- October 3, 2012: “Communication: It Seems So Easy, So Second Nature…Think Again!,” presented by Jack Schriber, supervisor of fine arts with the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from UE
- November 7, 2012: “To the Greater Glory of God: Religion and Memorialization in 1920s Scotland,” presented by James MacLeod, professor of history
- February 6, 2013: “International Struggles for Democratic Education,” presented by Matthew Knoester, assistant professor of education
- March 13, 2013: “Architectural Styles of Evansville’s Riverside Historic District,” presented by Matt Rowe, executive director of the Reitz Home Museum
- April 3, 2013: “Is Music the Universal Language?,” presented by Alfred Savia, music director and conductor of the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra
The Andiron Lectures are sponsored by the University of Evansville College of Arts and Sciences and supported by a generous gift from Donald B. and Jean Korb.
For additional information, please contact program coordinator M. Christine Mohn at 812-488-2585 or the College of Arts and Sciences at 812-488-2589.
- UE Physician Assistant Graduates Achieve 100 Percent Pass Rate on Licensure Exam
- University of Evansville Ranked Among the Top 100 Best Colleges for Veterans
- University of Evansville Ranked Among the Top 50 Best Affordable Colleges for Music Therapy
- Holly Carter Appointed Interim Principal for Harlaxton College
- More articles…