Resident Students Association
What is RSA?
The Resident Students Association (RSA) represents the interests and concerns of the residents of the University of Evansville. RSA sponsors many campus-wide activities, both educational and social, and has representative positions on several committees across campus. All residential students are encouraged to be an active member of RSA either through the weekly General Assembly meetings or Area Councils. RSA General Assembly meets on Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Library boardroom.
Many students have attended RSA events and programs without knowing who put them on! One of the most prominent goals of RSA is to create a fun and enjoyable campus experience for residents. For this reason, RSA hosts many events each semester, including but not limited to:
- Tacos and Tie-Dye
- Build a Stuffed Animal Event
Area Council Programs
- Various campus wide events
- Residence Hall specific events
So keep a lookout for the next Special Event hosted by RSA!
The Area Councils are a representative group of students from each Residence Hall as well as the Villages. Each Council is composed of 2 committees: Programming and Improvements. The Programming Committee plans and holds events for the residents in their area while the Improvements Committee works to get new items to improve life in the Residence Halls and Villages. Each committee selects a chair position to serve in RSA’s General Assembly, which creates a direct line of communication between residents and the Executive Board of RSA providing resident input on decisions made to better Residence Life on campus.
RSA’s Executive Board
RSA provides many leadership roles around campus, including the RSA Executive Board. The RSA Executive Board is made up of many individuals all working toward the primary goal of bettering the campus community and creating a home for each resident. The Executive Board is made up of:
- Vice President of Area Committee Programming (VPACP)
- Vice President of Special Events (VPSE)
- Director of Housing Improvement (DHI)
- National Communications Coordinator (NCC) / Parliamentarian
Housing Improvements has been a brilliant addition to the Resident Student Association involvement around campus. Under the direction of the Director of Housing Improvement (DHI) the Area Council Improvement Chairs have contributed many improvements within the residence halls on campus, thereby creating a more desirable living experience for the students that call UE home. These improvements range from big to small and have included things like new dry-erase boards, sporting equipment and kitchen appliances for the residents within the housing units around campus.
AceCinema is a FREE video streaming service funded through Resident Students Association (RSA). Students can make requests to include their favorite movies by submitting them online.
This service is available to students on our main campus through the UE Wi-Fi network. Service may vary for students living in some Village Properties and Greek Houses.
Students have two viewing options:
- To view via mobile devices on UE Wi-Fi go to AceCinema.evansville.edu and download the Swank Media App.
- To view via desktop or laptop computers on UE’s Wi-Fi or Ethernet go to https://AceCinema.evansville.edu. (Always type in the “https://” on a desktop or laptop computer)
It’s easy to get involved with RSA.
- Attend a weekly General Assembly meeting
Sign Up for a RSA Taskforce
- Join, lead, or help with your residential Area Council
- Travel to regional or national conference for residence hall leadership
- Become a Student Government Association representative for your hall or RSA
- Serve on a committee to provide feedback on dining
Feel free to contact us with ideas for events, housing improvements, or if you would like to get involved on campus. RSA executive board members hold office hours in the RSA office, located on the 1st floor of Morton Hall, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Morton Residence Hall, First Floor Hallway