- July 15, 2020 - White House Rescinds Rules on Foreign Students Studying Online
- June 18, 2020 - Campus email update for Fall Classes 2020
- June 15, 2020 – Transition to Stage Three Reopening Plan
Posters, flyers, and customizable Word document template to remind your visitors of UE’s guidelines.
Last Updated: July 28, 2020
Dear UE Community,
The University of Evansville continues to monitor the State and the region for the rising number of COVID-19 cases. As of Monday, July 27, Indiana joined a growing number of states in the country in which masks must be worn in public as a measure to halt the spread of COVID-19. As the number of cases continues to climb in Indiana, Southwestern Indiana and in the Evansville area, the University is delaying the start of the Fall 2020 semester to August 26.
We recognize that this change may require an adjustments in travel plans, class schedules, or events but our Coronavirus Health Care Taskforce determined that the delay is necessary to allow time for the mask mandate to impact and reduce the number of cases in our region and to help advance our guiding principle of returning to campus as quickly and safely as possible.
Based on this timing of the beginning of our Fall semester, we expect to adjust the following:
Adjusted move-in dates and times will be assigned and will be sent to residential students as soon as possible
- If you have a unique situation regarding move-in, please feel free to reach out to Residence Life
- Freshmen will receive updated information and schedule for Welcome Week
- Convocation will be moved to a virtual format and will be held on Tuesday, August 25
The academic calendar will be adjusted with the last day of instruction on Wednesday, November 25. Students will take final exams after Thanksgiving with the option for students to take exams in person or online. The last day of the semester will be Wednesday, December 9.
- Clinical graduate programs and experiences in healthcare and education fields may, in some cases, begin before August 26.
- Employees will return to campus with staggered workforce on August 12.
The Coronavirus Health Care Taskforce will continue to monitor the situation carefully and recommend further modifications as warranted to help protect the health and safety of the UE community. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
NOTE: If you have been exposed to COVID-19, are currently waiting for COVID-19 test results, or received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, please complete the Exposure, Testing, or Confirmed Diagnosis form to appropriately notify the University. If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students by calling 812-488-2500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.