Summer Intern Housing
Applications for the 2018 Summer Intern Housing Program are now being accepted.
The University of Evansville offers a unique summer housing program for summer interns and researchers for qualified college students. Eligible individuals must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program and actively involved in a summer research or internship program in the Evansville area.
Participants in this program must be 18 years of age or older.
Applications are available for download.
Review of applications will begin January 4, 2018.
We offer first-rate accommodations at competitive prices. All summer interns will be housed in modern, attractive, and convenient townhouse properties.
Each two story, four-person unit, offers private locked bedrooms and two semi-private bathrooms. Shared four person townhouses provide giving residents the opportunity to interact with peers and other summer interns. While it is desirable to have all occupants be part of same intern program, the University reserves the right to fill space with interns from different companies.
All townhouse units come furnished with complementary amenities including:
- First floor: 1 private furnished bedroom, semi-private bathroom, full kitchen with dishwasher, in unit laundry room, and a shared furnished living room with flat screen TV.
- Second floor: 3 private furnished bedrooms, semi-private bathroom with shared vanity area.
- Complementary Cable, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi.
- Laundry located within each unit - convenient and free
- Single extra-long bed
- Desk and chair
- Night stand
- Double closet
- Cabinets with granite countertops
- Glass top range, oven and microwave
- Stainless Steel sink and disposal
- Full size refrigerator
- Dining nook with 4 barstools
Living Room includes:
- Leather sectional couch
- Coffee table
- Entertainment center with 40” flat screen TV
- Exterior grounds offer park-like setting with BBQ grates and picnic tables
- Free Parking
- 24/7 emergency response staff
- 24/7 automated locking exterior doors with magnetic card access – individual keys for bedroom doors
- All utilities included
* Overflow accommodations may be available in our Jones Hall (North Hall) Apartments. These apartments offer a furnished single level floorplan with 4 single occupancy bedrooms, 2 semi-private bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining island, and living room area. Apartments come digital TV ready in bedrooms and living room (TV not supplied in Jones Hall (North Hall) Apartment). Free Wi-Fi.
Reservations and Rates
Intern status must be verified by sponsoring company and University. Four-person units will be filled by interns of same gender. Housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis, with a minimum stay of two weeks. All housing fees must be paid in advance*. Requires $250 advance deposit.
*If full payment cannot be give upon move-in, payment plans are available. A $25 handling fee is applied to each split payment. Requests for payment plans must be submitted one week prior to scheduled move-in. Requests made after this deadline will not be approved.
2018 Dates and Rates:
Approximate Monthly rate of $750 per month
Standard Dates: Daily Rate
May 19 – August 4
$25 per Day
Expanded Dates: Daily Rates
$30 per day
Policies and Procedures
These special housing accommodations are designed to house serious students only. We expect all participants to follow all University policies and procedures, as well as Indiana laws. The University reserves the right to evict students found to be in violation of University policy and/or Indiana Law, and your payment(s) may be forfeited.
The resident agrees to maintain a proper standard of behavior and not disrupt the residential community. Vio¬lations of the terms of this contract or of any of University rules and regulations can be treated as a breach of contract. Participants dismissed from University housing are not entitled to a refund.
Liability for Loss of or Damage to Personal Property
The University of Evansville assumes no responsibility for theft, damage or loss of money, valuables, food stuffs or personal belongings of any student or guest. No personal property insurance is available through the University. Students should check with their families to determine the extent of coverage, if any, under existing insurance policies or purchase independent personal property insurance.
The $250 Commitment and Damage Deposit will be forfeited for contract termination or if there is a reduction to the contracted length of stay.
Mrs. Emily Wilderman
Assistant to Vice President for Enrollment & Marketing
Olmsted Hall 217