A bachelor's degree in mathematics can provide the foundation for a rewarding career in many fields beyond academia including law, medicine and the arts. Opportunities exist at large well-known companies, small locally owned businesses or even in government. Most UE Mathematics graduates are admitted to graduate school or find jobs immediately after graduation. Here are a few outcomes our graduates have reported:
- 100 percent of our pre-doc graduates have been admitted to graduate programs.
- 100 percent of actuarial science graduates complete the Society of Actuaries (SOA) validation by Educational Experience (VEE) requirements
- 100 percent of students who graduate as prospective actuaries pass at least one exam, most pass two or more
- In the last 10 years, 100 percent of mathematics education graduates who completed student teaching found employment immediately after graduating.
Careers in Mathematics
If you are considering pursuing a degree in mathematics and are unsure about how you might use this degree, there are numerous websites available for you to explore.
The following links contain career profiles of individuals with mathematics degrees:
- When Will I Use Math? from the Brigham Young University Mathematics Department
- Mathematics Career Profiles from the MAA
- Careers in Mathematics from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematicians (SIAM)
- Archived Career Profiles from the American Mathematics Society (AMS)
General Information on a variety of careers:
- Careers in Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences from SIAM
- What do Mathematicians Do? from AMS
- " Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook: Math Occupations
- Operations Research Analysis from College Grad - Is a career in Operations Research/Management Science Right for you?
Information on a career as an actuary:
Information on a career in statistics and data science:
- A Guide to Careers in Statistics from the American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook: Math Occupations