BS in Public Health (BSPH)
A Four-Year Bachelor's Degree
The public health major will expose students to multiple academic disciplines. The BS program in public health provides students with a strong foundation for careers in public health or other graduate programs. At the end of the undergraduate public health program, students should be able to:
- Illustrate the contributions of a range of disciplines and professions in improving the health of the public.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize information from various contexts in the field of public health.
- Understand and discuss the importance and influence of social and cultural factors and their effects on public health.
- Discuss individual and social accountability including civic responsibility and ethical reasoning as they apply to the health of populations and the health of the environment.
- Explain how public health can utilize social and behavioral interventions to improve the health of populations and the health of the environment.
- Use suitable technologies, scientific inquiry skills, and communication strategies to conduct ethical research on public health issues.
- Demonstrate proficient reasoning and critical thinking including the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to make sound decisions and solve problems as they apply to public health.
UE offers a Health Policy concentration within the public health major.