BS in Public Health (BSPH)
A Four-Year Bachelor's Degree
The public health major will expose students to multiple academic disciplines. The BS program in public health provides students with a strong foundation for careers in public health or other graduate programs. At the end of the undergraduate public health program, students should be able to:
- Illustrate the contributions of a range of disciplines and professions in improving the health of the public.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize information from various contexts in the field of public health.
- Understand and discuss the importance and influence of social and cultural factors and their effects on public health.
- Discuss individual and social accountability including civic responsibility and ethical reasoning as they apply to the health of populations and the health of the environment.
- Explain how public health can utilize social and behavioral interventions to improve the health of populations and the health of the environment.
- Use suitable technologies, scientific inquiry skills, and communication strategies to conduct ethical research on public health issues.
- Demonstrate proficient reasoning and critical thinking including the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to make sound decisions and solve problems as they apply to public health.
UE offers two areas of concentration within the public health major:
The University of Evansville Public Health Program is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health. The accreditation review will address the BSPH in health policy, the BSPH in nutrition and the MPH in health policy. Other degrees and areas of study offered by this institution will not be included in the unit of accreditation review.