University of Evansville, Ivy Tech Community College partner for reverse transfer initiative
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018
The University of Evansville and Ivy Tech Community College have partnered to create a statewide reverse transfer agreement for students who have transferred to UE prior to completing their associate degree at Ivy Tech.
“With the increasing need for Hoosiers in the workplace to have a credential, Ivy Tech is excited for this new partnership with the University of Evansville,” said Jonathon Weinzapfel, chancellor of Ivy Tech Evansville. “Students will earn the credential they need to grow in their career as they work toward their bachelor’s degree.”
In order to be eligible for the reverse transfer program, students need to meet the following transfer policies and conditions:
• Students must have completed a minimum of 15 credit hours from Ivy Tech
• Students must be a currently enrolled UE undergraduate
• Students must have no prior degree from Ivy Tech
• Students must have met all admission requirements for UE, including attainment of at least a 2.0 GPA
• Once the student has attained 75 or more total credit hours (including the minimum of 15 from Ivy Tech), they will be notified each semester of their potential eligibility for an Ivy Tech associate degree through reverse transfer until they opt-in or opt-out
“We’re excited to provide students with more flexible degree opportunities through this collaboration with Ivy Tech,” said Jennifer Briggs, registrar at UE. “This is another avenue for the Ivy Tech student to complete what they need for their associate degree while at the same time working toward their bachelor’s degree at the University of Evansville.”
Ivy Tech will be responsible for determining, through reverse articulation and transcript review, which UE courses may satisfy the associate degree requirements allowing for the conferral of the degree and the specific degree which the student will be awarded. This process will take place in both fall and spring semesters for previously eligible and all newly eligible students.
Reverse Transfer is designed to assist students in pursuing their career goals. Ivy Tech has partnered with several other institutions to offer reverse transfer, including: University of Southern Indiana, Indiana State University, Purdue University, Ottawa University, Trine University, University of Phoenix, Indiana Tech, Indiana Wesleyan, Western Governors University, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Kaplan University and Grace University.