Road Trip Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to questions you may have about Road Trip. Can't find your answer? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, contact your Admission Counselor, or find us on Facebook or Twitter (UEadmission) #UERoadTrip.
- What is Road Trip?
- Road Trip is a weekend extravaganza! Accepted seniors from all across the country come to UE to be a college student for the weekend.
- What do I need to do before I can attend Road Trip?
- You must be accepted for admission to the University for Fall 2015. Once accepted, you can register for Road Trip. Before arriving on campus, you must submit your Participation Waiver and your Non-UE Student Activities Waiver.
- When will I be on campus?
- From Friday, February 20, at approximately 5:00 p.m. until Sunday, February 22, at 8:00 a.m.
- What happens when I arrive on campus?
- If you drive your personal car to campus or fly into Evansville, you will register, get your Road Trip shirt and name tag, meet your roommate, and eat dinner. If you ride one of the Road Trip busses, you will get your shirt, meet your roommate, and eat dinner.
- What if I live close to campus?
- Although you won't ride a bus to campus, you can still enjoy the Road Trip activities. You can see what living on campus is like.
- What if I live outside of a scheduled route and fly to Evansville?
- If you fly into Evansville Regional Airport, you will be picked up at the airport by an Office of Admission representative and brought to campus. For your return flight, you will be taken to the airport by a UE staff member.
- What will I do at Road Trip?
- Each year we offer scheduled events such as bowling, hypnotist, sorority and fraternity fundraisers, UE theatre production, mock classes, trivia and wings, and a movie. Plus, there are the unscheduled events — staying up most of the night getting to know your roommate, darts or cards in Ridgway (UE's student center), or coffee or smoothies at Jazzman's. There will be mock classes so you can meet professors and learn more about your major or attend sessions for information about the Honors Program, Harlaxton College, career services, Greek life, and other campus organizations.
- How much money will I need after I pay my registration fee?
- None, unless you want to buy a UE shirt at the bookstore or purchase something at Eastland Mall. All meals are provided, and you'll even get a coupon for coffee or a smoothie at Jazzman's. All entrance fees to Road Trip events are included in your registration fee.
- Where will I stay on campus?
- You'll stay in a residence hall with UE students.
- What do I need to bring to campus?
- Since you will be sleeping in a residence hall, you will need a pillow and sleeping bag. Toiletries, towel, and flip-flops for the shower are a good idea too. If you want to work out in the fitness center, you'll need a driver's license and your swimsuit if you want to swim in the pool. The weather at Road Trip is always different; it has snowed, rained, and been mild. Check the weather before you leave, but you might want to bring an umbrella.
- When Road Trip is over, how do I get home?
- If you rode a bus to campus, you will meet your bus on Sunday and be taken to your initial pick-up location. If you flew to campus, you will meet an admission representative who will ensure you arrive at the airport in time to catch your return flight. If you drove to campus, you can enjoy a light breakfast in the Office of Admission before leaving campus.
Click here to register for UE Road Trip 2015!