How to Apply - First time Freshman
Completing the UE application for admission is the first step to becoming an Ace. Take a moment to review our admission requirements, including items needed before an admission decision may be made as well as application deadlines. UE accepts the UE Application for Admission and the Common Application. The UE Application for Admission is free of charge.
Official High School Transcript or GED verification. For homeschooled students, a home-prepared transcript is acceptable. Candidates for admission to UE are expected to have studied a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, which includes high school subjects, at the minimum:
- English – four years
- Math – three years (four years highly recommended)
- Sciences - three years, with at least two years being lab sciences (Chemistry required for engineering and nursing)
- Social Sciences – three years
- Foreign Language – two years recommended, but not required for admission consideration.
- The University of Evansville offers college-level credit to students enrolled in Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) program. Determine the number of credits you may be eligible to transfer to UE.)
- SAT or ACT scores. UE’s SAT code is 1208, and ACT code is 1188. Students applying for admission to the University of Evansville will be required to submit results from either the SAT or ACT unless applying as test optional.
- Application essay. All applicants are recommended to submit an essay of 250-500 words. Review the application essay requirements and essay topics. Students interested in direct entry physical therapy or direct entry physician assistant are required to submit a program specific essay.
- November 1 – Early Action application deadline. If you apply on or before November 1, your admission and scholarship decision will be mailed no later than December 15. Admission and scholarships will be offered on a space-available basis after November 1.
- November 1 – Students interested in the Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, or Nursing Direct Entry programs must submit a completed Application for Admission and Scholarship to UE by November 1.
- New academic information (test scores, grades) may be submitted by admitted students to the University of Evansville and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Questions regarding admission requirements may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test Optional Policy
Because UE values academic achievement, character, and initiative, it is optional for most applicants to submit their scores with their applications. Students must select test optional on their initial application to the University of Evansville. By selecting test optional, students will be reviewed based on the high school transcript to include but not limited to GPA, curriculum, and graduation track (AP, IB, Honors, etc.). In addition, students selecting test optional will be required to submit an essay.
Test optional is unavailable for homeschooled students as well as applicants to the following programs:
- Baccalaureate to MD
- Direct Entry Nursing
- Direct Entry Physician Assistant
- Direct Entry Physical Therapy
Learn more about this policy by reading the news release.