Direct Entry Admission
Direct Entry – Class of 2021
During my college search, I knew I wanted a bachelor’s degree in athletic training. I liked that UE offered several track options in the DPT program. Throughout my time in the program, the key to success has been balancing my schooling with exercise, work, and volunteering in the community. I have developed strong time-management skills that help me achieve my goals and will benefit me in my future career.
The University of Evansville offers an entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. This six or seven-year curriculum involves three years (3+3 track) or four years (4+3 track) of prerequisite and undergraduate course work, followed by three years (nine semesters including summers) of professional study.
During your first three (3+3 track) or four years (4+3 track), you will complete undergraduate and pre-professional requisite course work. You will submit your application for admission into the DPT program in the fall of your junior year of college (3+3 track) or senior year (4+3 track).
There are many advantages to completing your bachelor's degree at UE.
- UE provides a strong undergraduate curriculum and nurturing environment.
- The average class size for undergraduate classes is 18, and the student to faculty ratio is 13:1.
- Direct entry admission into the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is available to high school seniors.
- Pre-physical Therapy student have the opportunity to join the Physical Therapy (PT) Club. PT Club members are current DPT students and undergraduate students who plan to pursue a degree in physical therapy.
- Freshman pre-physical therapy students are assigned a PT advisor in addition to an undergraduate advisor.
- Undergraduate students have the opportunity to study abroad at Harlaxton College in England for a full academic semester (4+3 track) or a five-week summer session (3+3 track).
The undergraduate application is to be completed by high school seniors. Make sure to indicate on the application which undergraduate degree you plan to complete, as well as your intent to pursue the DPT degree.
UE offers several degree options for your undergraduate studies that can be completed on the 3+3 track or 4+3 track.
The direct entry pathway has multiple admissions requirements.
Loyal Ace Scholarship
All students with direct entry into the DPT program who enter UE as a freshman for the Fall 2020 semester are eligible for the Loyal Aces Graduate Scholarship. This award is available to students upon completion of a bachelor’s degree from UE. Direct entry DPT students will receive the UE Merit scholarship for the first four years of study, and then they will receive the Loyal Aces Graduate Scholarship through the remaining years in the program.
To qualify, students must meet specific ACT (or SAT equivalent) scores and will be awarded as follows:
- ACT of 30 or higher: $15,000 (distributed $5000 each year of the DPT program)
- ACT of 29-23: $7500 (distributed $2500 each year of the DPT program)
Please note: Due to COVID-19 and the cancellation of ACT/SAT testing dates, students applying to UE during the 2020-21 application cycle will be reviewed on their unique situation for direct entry admission and the Loyal Aces Graduate Scholarship.