Ace CARE is an organization founded by University of Evansville Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) students. Our organization currently has three branches: Ace+PT, ACErcise, and AceBuddies. Ace+PT is an outpatient Physical Therapy clinic that serves community members who are underinsured, uninsured, or homeless. ACErcise serves adults who have had a neurologic injury or condition, and AceBuddies serves children and young adults with special needs. Both ACErcise and AceBuddies are group exercise classes. All of these services are completely student-run and are offered at no cost to patients and participants.
Ace CARE was founded on the principle of addressing a growing need for healthcare services among the most vulnerable in our community with the educational experience of UE's DPT students. Our organization provides an incredible opportunity for students to expand their clinical skills and social awareness under the supervision of local licensed physical therapists who volunteer their time and expertise to make a difference in Evansville's most vulnerable populations.
Support Our Efforts
- Are you a licensed Physical Therapist (PT)?
- We welcome any licensed PTs in the community to work with us, since as students are required to be supervised by a licensed PT whenever any of our branches are working with patients or participants. To volunteer, it is required that you acquire your own personal liability insurance, which can be purchased through Healthcare Providers Service Organization. Financial reimbursement for this insurance is available, so please contact email@example.com you would like to learn more. Depending on the branches you are interested in volunteering with, your role will be to supervise the students and oversee the physical therapy or exercise sessions provided.
- Are you a community member looking for more ways to get involved with Ace CARE?
- We host a fundraiser 5K every fall called Ace Race. This year Ace Race will take place on October 29, and we would love for as many people and/or dogs to turn out as possible—running, walking, pushing strollers, in costume, or all of the above! Visit our Facebook page for more information.
- Are you considering donating to help Ace CARE’s efforts?
- As a volunteer organization, we are always in need of financial support. Donations can either be sent to the University's Office of University Advancement or given online. Thank you so much for supporting us and our mission to care for the Evansville community!
812-677-1107 or 812-617-2112
515 Bob Jones Way, Room 3001, Evansville, IN 47708
ACErcise and AceBuddies Locations
Carson Center, University of Evansville Campus
Room 104, Graves Hall, University of Evansville Campus