Application Essay Requirements
Traditional undergraduate applicants
Please submit an essay on a topic of your choice (250-500 words):
- Describe and explain a book or movie that has had an influence on you.
- Explain your thoughts on how the University of Evansville will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Share the impact of a significant experience, achievement, or dilemma you have faced.
- Share about an individual who has had a significant impact on you and why.
Physical therapy direct entry applicants
In order to be eligible for the Physical Therapy Direct Entry Program, applicants will need to complete their UE application no later than November 1, meet academic criteria established by the department, and complete their application essay written on one of the two questions listed below. Once your application is complete and the criteria is met, you will be invited to interview for a Direct Entry position.
- If you have observed in a physical therapy setting, you must choose one of the American Physical Therapy Association’s (APTA) core values and write an essay that describes how you observed a physical therapist demonstrate this value. Use the APTA’s description of the core value for your essay completion.
- If you have not observed in a physical therapy setting, describe in detail what you have done to explore the role of the physical therapist and how it differs from that of other health care related professions (e.g., nurse, athletic trainer, etc.). Other than the desire to help people, why do you want to be a physical therapist?
Physician assistant direct entry applicants
In order to be eligible for the Physician Assistant Direct Entry program, applicants will need to complete their UE application no later than November 1, meet certain academic criteria, and respond to the following essay listed below. Selected students will be invited to interview for a Direct Entry position.
- Describe what you have done to understand the role of the physician assistant and why you feel this is your career path.