The biology department is committed to providing students with an educational and research environment that will prepare them for the biology-related challenges of the 21st century.
Objectives of the Department
The department is committed to helping students develop the following:
- A knowledge of basic concepts and principles that comprise the biological sciences through traditional instruction and inquiry based learning.
- The ability to critically interpret biological concepts and principles and relate them to other subject areas that comprise the liberal arts.
- The ability to add to their understanding of biology through research and other creative endeavors.
- The ability to effectively communicate their understanding of the biological sciences to others both within and outside the discipline.
- An awareness that knowledge from the biological sciences is integrated with a number of global issues, including those from social, political, and economic perspectives.
Room 231, Koch Center for Engineering and Science