Faculty advisor: Dr. Katie Aldred
BiSci Club brings together students from all majors who are interested in any aspect of biology, whether their interest lies in learning about biology-related careers, hiking, or horticulture. Each year, the club organizes a wide range of activities that promote collegiality and relaxation, as well as community service and career advice. Activities vary year-to-year based on membership interests, but they regularly include:
- Volunteering to dress up and hand out candy at Mesker Park Zoo's Boo at the Zoo event
- Hosting alumni, professional program admissions officers, and other speakers to talk about career options, how they got into their careers, what they wish they had known about medical school as undergraduates, etc.
- Hiking at Audubon Park in Henderson, Kentucky, and/or Garden of the Gods in Southern Illinois
- Having mid-semester movie and popcorn nights and themed parties, such as painting pumpkins around Halloween
- Exercising their green thumbs and marketing skills to grow and sell hundreds of plants for the club's annual spring Plant Sale that serves as its major fundraiser to finance events and activities throughout the year
For more information about current club happenings, please visit UEngage.
Room 231, Koch Center for Engineering and Science