Dr. Dwyer earned her Ph.D in 1999 from Purdue University in Organizational Behavior and her B.S. in Accounting from Indiana University in 1985. She passed the Certified Public Accountant exam in Illinois in 1987. Before graduate school, Dr. Dwyer worked for eight years at Amoco Corporation in Chicago (now BP) in various accounting positions. She teaches courses in Organizational Behavior, Decision Making, and Leadership. Dr. Dwyer's research interests include leadership, self-efficacy, and mentoring.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Dwyer, L. P. (2019). Leadership self-efficacy: Review and leader development implications. Journal of Management Development, 38, 637-650. DOI: 10.1108/JMD-03-2019-0073
- Dwyer, L. P. (2017). An expatriate’s first 100 days: What went wrong? Management Teaching Review, DOI:10.1177/2379298117746932
- Dwyer, L. P. (2017). Learning how to delegate: An in-basket exercise. Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 18 (Winter), 404-416.
- Dwyer, L. P. (2015). An entrepreneur’s delegation dilemma. Journal of Organizational Behavior Education, 8, 49-56.
- Paglis, L.L. Leadership Self-efficacy: Research Findings and Practical Applications. Forthcoming in Journal of Management Development.
- Paglis, L.L. (2008). The 'It's not my fault!' Exercise: Exploring the Causes and Consequences of Managers' Explanations for Poor Performance. Journal of Management Education, 32(5), pp. 613-628.
- Paglis, L.L. (2007). Teamwork Experience and Team Skills Expertise: Acquiring Both in a Management Class Project. Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 8(), pp. 67-76.
- Paglis, L.L. (2006). The Power of Expectations: Exploiting the 'Pygmalion Effect'. Journal of Contemporary Business Issues, 14(1), pp. 1-8.
- Paglis, L.L., Green, S.G. & Bauer, T.N. (2006). Does Adviser Mentoring Add Value? A Longitudinal Study of Mentoring and Doctoral Student Outcomes. Research in Higher Education, 47(4), pp. 451-476.
- Paglis, L.L. (2005). Relearning the Ropes: The Socialization of New Managers. Journal of Contemporary Business Issues, 13(1), pp. 1-10.