LEAD Forward Program
Schroeder students can apply for admission into the Leaders Engaged in Advancing Development (LEAD) Forward program. We leverage training provided by Wooded Glen Retreat & Conference Center, the #13 Nationally ranked retreat for Leadership, Managerial & Team building (2013) by ManagingAmericans.com.
- Engage business leaders and receive unparalleled access to real business leadership issues.
- Build your core leadership skills (build teams, enhance team dynamics, build agreement, grow your listening skills, provide and receive feedback, networking, and learn from leaders).
- Participate in leadership retreats, receive special access to executives over dinners and meet new friends through your LEAD Forward cohort of Schroeder student fellows.
- Be mentored by former Starbucks Category Manager for Brewed Coffee and Espresso Professor Mindy Sagez; director of the LEAD Forward program
- Receive a stipend upon completion of the program.
Leadership Speaker Series: Engage regional & national business leaders who provide you a unique perspective on leadership, life, and business.
LEAD Forward fellows: Ten student leaders work together in an experiential environment to develop core leadership skills.
Leadership retreat: Fellows will be stretched out of their comfort zones and participate in an intensive 24 hours of team building activities, ropes courses, group dynamics lessons, begin MBTI and TKI, establish group objectives, mission, etc.
Continuous Experiential learning: Fellows will meet every six weeks to discuss books, articles, cases, and activities on current leadership topics.
LEAD Forward Ambassadors: Fellows will serve the community by directing a social responsibility project each year.
City Trek: Fellows will visit targeted corporations in nearby cities such as Nashville, Chicago, Louisville, St. Louis, or Indianapolis and participate in the Amazing Chase and other team building activities and challenges.