Mission and Impact
Schroeder Mission Statement
We prepare undergraduate students in a liberal arts framework to become globally aware business professionals. We are distinctive in experiential learning, career support, and faculty scholarship in a balanced teacher-scholar environment.
Measures of Impact
The Schroeder School's Measures of Impact are mission driven and are evaluated (i.e. targets, inputs, and objectives). Our four strategic goals are:
Goal 1: Produce globally aware business professionals
Achieve distinction in:
Goal 2: Experiential learning
Goal 3: Career Support
Goal 4: Scholarship reflective of a teacher-scholar focus
Assurance of Learning (AOL) Goals
Learning Goal 1: Business Knowledge
- Learning Objective 1: Students will demonstrate knowledge in the basic theory and practice of business.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will be able to apply their level of business knowledge in a practical setting.
Learning Goal 2: Communication
- Learning Objective 1: All business students will produce and deliver professional quality business documents.
- Learning Objective 2: All business students will produce and deliver professional quality oral presentations.
Learning Goal 3: Ethical decision makers
- Learning Objective 1: Students will demonstrate ethical behavior in a business environment.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will incorporate ethical considerations when evaluating a moral business dilemma.
Learning Goal 4: Global Perspective
- Learning Objective 1: Students will be able to identify and solve problems in a global paper analysis, taking into account the contributing global factors that influence business today.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will demonstrate knowledge in the basic theory and practice of international business.
Learning Goal 5: Critical Thinking
- Learning Objective: Students will systematically analyze complex business problems, incorporate principles across the value chain and produce feasible solutions.
Learning Goal 6: Experiential Learning
- Learning Objective 1: Students will reflect on the impact that experiential learning activities have had on their relationship to the world in which they live.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will demonstrate a high level of comprehension and skill in connecting theory with practice.