Mission and Impact
Schroeder Mission Statement
We prepare undergraduate students in a liberal arts framework to become globally aware business professionals. We are distinctive in experiential learning, career support, and a complementary mix of faculty who pursue their passions through scholarly and professional activities in and out of the classroom.
Measures of Impact
The Schroeder School's Measures of Impact are mission driven and are evaluated (i.e. targets, inputs, and objectives). Our four strategic goals are:
Goal 1: Produce globally aware business professionals
Achieve distinction in:
Goal 2: Experiential learning
Goal 3: Career Support
Goal 4: Scholarship reflective of a teacher-scholar focus
Assurance of Learning (AOL) Goals
Learning Goal 1: Business Knowledge
- Learning Objective 1: Students will demonstrate knowledge in the basic theory and practice of business.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will be able to apply their level of business knowledge in a practical setting.
Learning Goal 2: Communication
- Learning Objective 1: All business students will produce and deliver professional quality business documents.
- Learning Objective 2: All business students will produce and deliver professional quality oral presentations.
Learning Goal 3: Ethical decision makers
- Learning Objective 1: Students will demonstrate ethical behavior in a business environment.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will incorporate ethical considerations when evaluating a moral business dilemma.
Learning Goal 4: Global Perspective
- Learning Objective 1: Students will be able to identify and solve problems in a global paper analysis, taking into account the contributing global factors that influence business today.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will demonstrate knowledge in the basic theory and practice of international business.
Learning Goal 5: Critical Thinking
- Learning Objective: Students will systematically analyze complex business problems, incorporate principles across the value chain and produce feasible solutions.
Learning Goal 6: Experiential Learning
- Learning Objective 1: Students will reflect on the impact that experiential learning activities have had on their relationship to the world in which they live.
- Learning Objective 2: Students will demonstrate a high level of comprehension and skill in connecting theory with practice.