- Our Microloan program sponsored by Old National Bank is a Pioneer (national finalist) in BNY Mellon & Ashoka’s 2018 Unlocking ₵hange Challenge
What makes our Finance program distinctive?
We provide you with hands on financial experiences and connect you with businesses and leaders.
- Choose your passion in two experiential programs in our Institute for Banking and Finance.
- 100 percent of finance students complete an internship.
- Connect as early as your freshman year with financial companies and graduate schools in our annual Meet the Firms event. This event is designed specifically for Finance, Accounting and Economics students to connect them with companies that best suit their future careers.
We provide the academic rigor you need to become a successful financial professional.
- Learn Investment strategies and meet your clients in our Donaldson Capital Management Investment program.
- Make buy, sell, or hold decisions in our student managed Purple Aces Investment Fund, with assets under management reaching $700,000 in November 2020.
- Study Corporate Financial Policy, Financial Derivatives, Investments, Financial Planning, and other courses from our talented faculty.
- Participate in CFA Institute Research Challenge Competition, where students gain real-world experience as they assume the role of a research analyst. Receive hands-on mentoring and intensive training in financial analysis.
- 2020 Schroeder School seniors placed in the 78th percentile for Finance knowledge on the Major Field Test among 500 business schools.
- Recent employments: Apex Group, Berry Global, EY, Fifth Third, German American Bank, Hilliard Lyons, and Toyota.
Finance majors at the University of Evansville gain a thorough understanding of financial markets, preparing them for successful careers as finance professionals and financial advisors. Graduates enjoy rewarding careers as advisors within business organizations and as financial advisors providing individuals or firms advice on how best to utilize their financial resources.
The Purple Aces Fund
Students receive hands on experience by managing the Purple Aces Students Managed Investment Fund. Established in 2005 and directed by Professor of Finance Walayet Khan, the fund has a value of over $700,000. Each semester, speakers from local, national, and international organizations present their insights and analyses on market issues that might impact the portfolio.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance Major
This degree requires completion of 124 semester hours, allocated as follows:
General Education – 38 hours: including Quantitative Methods 227, Management 497
Common Core – 45 hours: The purpose of the common core is to provide students with careful preparation in the fundamental tools of decision making and leadership. All Schroeder School of Business Students complete the following courses: Accounting 210, 211; Business 100, 200, 398, 400; Economics 101,102; Finance 361; Logistics/Supply Chain Management 315; Law 201; Management 311, 331, 377; Marketing 325; Quantitative Methods 160.
Finance Major – 18 hours: FIN 362; five or more courses selected from the following: FIN 380, 395, 426, 427, 462, 470, 478, 482; May apply 3 hours maximum from the following: FIN 383, 384; FIN 385, 386; May substitute two 300/400 level courses (6 hours) with a prefix of ACCT, BUS, ECON, LAW, LSCM, MGT, MKT or QM.
Electives – approximately 23 hours to total 124