Choosing a Major
- Pre-physical therapy students must choose a major (pre-PT is not a major).
- Commonly chosen majors include exercise science, athletic training, public health, health services administration, neuroscience, and psychology.
- Any major is acceptable, as long as the student completes all pre-PT requirements.
- Consult the pre-professional physical therapy advisor – Jennifer Simon.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
- Submit application to UE by November 1.
- Achieve a minimum 27 ACT or 1280 SAT composite.
- Attend Direct Entry Day, which takes place the Monday of Thanksgiving week.
- Be active in volunteer or work experience and leadership in extracurricular activities.
- 3+3 track: 3 years of undergraduate and prerequisite course work + 3 years of professional (DPT) course work
- 4+3 track: 4 years of undergraduate and prerequisite course work + 3 years of professional DPT course work
DPT Admission Requirements
Prior to entering the DPT degree program, each student must complete the following prerequisite courses:
Direct Entry students must also meet the following undergraduate requirements to matriculate into the DPT program:
- Achieve a 3.35 or higher cumulative GPA and a 3.0 or higher in science and statistics prerequisite course work. Earn a C or higher in ALL undergraduate course work.
- Complete 20 observation hours in at least two PT settings each undergraduate year.
- Be involved in at least one campus activity each semester.