Here is the closing schedule for University of Evansville residential facilities:
- Fall Semester: Thursday, December 10 at Noon
- Spring Semester: Saturday, May 8, 2021 at Noon
However, all students are asked to depart from housing within 24 hours of their last exam. For the Spring semester, graduating seniors or those students taking part in the Commencement ceremony will be granted an extended stay if needed.
Extended Stay Requests
Those students needing to stay past the posted closing date may submit an Extended Stay Request up until 5:00 p.m. on Reading and Study Day. There is a $35 per night fee, depending on the reason for saying.
Students moving out of their rooms will need to do a formal check-out. To check out, students must schedule an appointment with an RA at least 48 hours in advance. If the two parties cannot find a mutually available time, the student is asked to sign up with another Resident Assistant in the building.
At the time of checkout, the room must be vacated and clean. The RA will check the room and furnishings for damages, and the students will provide the RA with room keys, fill out all paperwork, and sign the checkout form.
Personal property left after checkout times will be removed from rooms and disposed of by the University. Students whose rooms require extra cleanup after checkout will be charged a minimum fee of $50; an additional fee of $50 will be charged for failure to check out properly, and a $25 fee will accompany the failure to return room keys.
Before checkout, we would like to remind all students to:
- Unplug, clean, and return your MicroFridge (if you rented one) on Tuesday, May 4, 9:00 a.m. - noon, at the Hale Loop drive.
- Contact your hall staff by posted deadlines if you want to use one of the storage closets.
- Prepare your room – prior to your checkout appointment, your room must be vacated and clean.
- Re-assemble all room furniture to standard configurations.