Student Mentoring Information
As a student of the University of Evansville, you have the opportunity to participate in the UE Connect Student Mentoring Program. Our goal is to directly connect current juniors and seniors with alumni, parents and friends of UE, in order to establish a variety of professional support.
What are my requirements as a student?
- Participate in a job shadow activity with mentor
- Meet once per month for one hour with mentor
- Attend at least one UE Connect Lunch and Learn
- Conduct a résumé review with mentor
What are my responsibilities as a student?
- Attend networking functions with your mentor as agreed by both parties
- Frequently communicate with your mentor and seek his/her advice
- As a conscientious and fully engaged citizen of the University of Evansville, you are expected to conduct yourself as mature and responsible member of the University Community (in relation to the Mentoring Program, such behavior would include being prompt for meetings and appointments, courteous communication, appropriate dress and other professional behavior)
Submit your Student Interest Form online to the Center for Career Development. Mentors will be assigned by the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations, in consultation with the Center for Career Development, based upon the best achievable match between you and the available mentors. Students will have an opportunity to meet their mentors during the virtual Kick-off Program. Students are also encouraged to meet virtually as they wish with their mentors and also attend the virtual UE Connect Online sessions.
The program will be open to the first 25 students. The deadline to request a mentor is Monday, January 25.
- Monday, January 25, 2021 – Deadline to Register
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 – Student Informational Meeting
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021 – Virtual UE Connect Online #1 – Maximizing Your Mentorship – Setting Goals and Staying Motivated
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - Virtual UE Connect Online #2 – Taking Your Degree and Turning it Upside Down
- Wednesday, March 18, 2021 - Virtual UE Connect Online #3 – Financial Empowerment
- Thursday, April 8, 2021 – Virtual UE Connect Online #4 – Life After Graduation and Managing Your Work-Life Balance