Student Mentoring Information
As a student of the University of Evansville, you have the opportunity to participate in the UE Connect Student Mentoring Program. Our goal is to directly connect current juniors and seniors with alumni, parents and friends of UE, in order to establish a variety of professional support.
What are my requirements as a student?
- Participate in a job shadow activity with mentor
- Meet once per month for one hour with mentor
- Attend at least one Mentor Speaker Series luncheon
- Conduct a résumé review with mentor
What are my responsibilities as a student?
- Attend networking functions with your mentor as agreed by both parties
- Frequently communicate with your mentor and seek his/her advice
- As a conscientious and fully engaged citizen of the University of Evansville, you are expected to conduct yourself as mature and responsible member of the University Community (in relation to the Mentoring Program, such behavior would include being prompt for meetings and appointments, courteous communication, appropriate dress and other professional behavior)
Submit your Student Interest Form online to the Center for Career Development. Mentors will be assigned by the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations, in consultation with the Center for Career Development, based upon the best achievable match between you and the available mentors. During the Program Kick-off Reception student mentees will be introduced to their mentors. Between October and April students will have the opportunity to meet as they wish and also participate in the speaker series luncheons.
Deadline to request a mentor is September 5, 2018
- Thursday, September 20, 2018 – Kick-Off Luncheon
- Thursday, October 18, 2018 – UE Connect Student Mentoring Program Lunch & Learn #1
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - UE Connect Student Mentoring Program Lunch & Learn #2
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - UE Connect Student Mentoring Program Lunch & Learn #3
- Thursday, March 21, 2018 - UE Connect Student Mentoring Program Lunch & Learn #4
- Thursday, April 4, 2019 – Closing Etiquette Dinner