Student Mentoring Information
As a student of the University of Evansville, you have the opportunity to participate in the UE Connect Student Mentoring Program. Our goal is to directly connect current juniors and seniors with alumni, parents and friends of UE, in order to establish a variety of professional support.
What are my requirements as a student?
- Participate in a job shadow activity with mentor
- Meet once per month for one hour with mentor
- Attend at least one UE Connect Lunch and Learn
- Conduct a résumé review with mentor
What are my responsibilities as a student?
- Attend networking functions with your mentor as agreed by both parties
- Frequently communicate with your mentor and seek his/her advice
- As a conscientious and fully engaged citizen of the University of Evansville, you are expected to conduct yourself as mature and responsible member of the University Community (in relation to the Mentoring Program, such behavior would include being prompt for meetings and appointments, courteous communication, appropriate dress and other professional behavior)
Submit your Student Interest Form online to the Center for Career Development. Mentors will be assigned by the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations, in consultation with the Center for Career Development, based upon the best achievable match between you and the available mentors. During the Program Kick-off Reception student mentees will be introduced to their mentors. Students will have the opportunity to meet as they wish and also participate in the UE Connect Lunch and Learns.
Deadline to request a mentor - TBD.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the UE Connect Mentoring Program will be delayed for the 2020 - 2021 academic year. The program is scheduled to resume in the spring of 2021. Program activities and dates will be scheduled at a later time.