The University of Evansville Department of Art believes learning is not a product but a transformative process. Students are challenged with a stimulating environment in which to formulate their personal ideas. They are given a place to build a solid foundation and are inspired to develop strong technical skills and expand their aesthetic knowledge. Art students will also benefit from a complete education that fosters personal and professional success through purposeful engagement and mentoring relationships with dedicated faculty.
These meaningful opportunities help UE art students prepare for successful careers:
- Hands-on gallery experience and the chance to have work displayed in the Melvin Peterson Gallery, UE’s newest exhibit space
- Diverse course selections ranging from computer graphics to life drawing to metalwork
- On-campus practicums with student publications and various offices and departments
- Internships with newspapers, magazines, museums, photography studios, and more
- Research projects with faculty members
- Lifelong connections in four art-related student organizations
News and Events
The University of Evansville art students organize a Holiday Art Sale every December and a Spring Fair every April. These arts and crafts sales are open to the public, and anyone associated with the University may participate in the Christmas sale. For information on locations and dates, contact the Department of Art at 812-488-2043.
Chili Bowl Sale
This successful student fund-raising event has become an annual autumn ritual on the UE campus. Each fall, the ceramics students create nearly 500 bowls from which visitors may select on the day of the sale. The purchase of a bowl includes a superb chili cooked by the ceramics instructor and served for lunch. For more information on location and date, contact the Department of Art at 812-488-2043.