Dr. Mark Davis
Koch Center for Engineering and Science, Room 221
- Microbial Ecology
- B.S. Biology (Education minor), St. Vincent College, Latrobe, PA. 1988.
- M.S. Biological Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA, 1993.
- Thesis: Characterization of a Dissimilatory Iron-Reducing Bacterium by 16s rRNA Gene Sequencing. Adviser John Stolz.
- M.S. Molecular Microbiology, University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign, 1995.
- Adviser Dr. John Cronan.
- Ph.D. Molecular Microbiology, University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign, 1998.
- Thesis: Characterization of Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase from Escherichia coli: A Rate Limiting Enzyme in Fatty Acid Synthesis . Adviser Dr. John Cronan.
- BIOL 100 Fundamentals of Biology
- BIOL 110 Clinical Microbiology
- BIOL 305 Microbial Ecology
- BIOL 399 Virology
- BIOL 430 Microbiology
- BIOL 442 Immunology
- ES 103 Fundamentals of Environmental Science
- Lipid Biosynthesis in Bacteria
- Biology Education
- Development of Adenovirus Detection Assays
- Bacteria and Musical Instruments – How many, what types, and how to disinfect properly
Grants and Awards
- Explorer Summer Program, University of Evansville, 2010.
- Title: Sensitivity Testing of PCR Detection Assays for Adenoviruses 36 and 37. $4950.00.
- Deans’ Outstanding Teacher Award, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Evansville, 2014.
- Outstanding Innovation Award from City of Evansville Celebration of Leadership, 2022
- Project: Design, Construction, and Testing of Air Filtration Units for Schools in the COVID Pandemic.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Davis, M.S. 2016. Redefining the Paradigm: Faculty Models to Support Student Learning . Chapter Contributing Author.
- Davis, M.S. 2013. Developing Interest in Graduate Students by Increasing Interactions Between Undergraduate Students and Experienced Research Scientists. Presentation. American Society for Microbiology Annual Meeting. Denver, CO.
- Lynch, I., Vibbert, J., Groulx, T., & M.S. Davis. 2012. The Identification and Prevention of Bacteria Present in Woodwind Instruments. Poster Presentation. MESCON. University of Evansville.
- McNeil, K. & M. S. Davis. 2010. Development of a More Sensitive and Time Efficient Detection Method for Human Adenovirus-36. National Conference for Undergraduate Research. University of Montana, Missoula, MO.
Room 231, Koch Center for Engineering and Science