The marketing major in the Schroeder School of Business offers students a thorough understanding of the demographic, social, economic, technological, environmental, and cultural factors influencing the demands for consumer and industrial goods and services.
Through a better understanding of the buyer and seller behaviors within the context of the overall market environment, graduates of the UE marketing major have a strong capacity for planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, and services. With these skills, our alumni find rewarding careers in the areas of advertising, marketing, neuromarketing, promotions, public relations, and sales.
What makes our marketing program distinctive?
Connect: We provide you with hands on marketing planning experience and connect you with businesses and leaders in marketing.
- Connect with energetic marketing professionals and successful entrepreneurs.
- Conduct marketing projects with local and global business owners.
Rigor: We provide the academic rigor you will need to be a successful marketing professional.
- 100 percent of marketing students complete an internship.
- Learn SPSS, the most popular statistical analysis software for marketers.
- Compete in teams, on marketing project and take pride in your success with business clients.
- Be mentored by professionals in our highly successful Professional Selling and Sales Management course led by Dr. Rob Montgomery.
- Study Strategic Marketing Management, Market Research, and Digital Marketing, among other courses from our talented faculty.
- Recent employments: Atlas, Cintas, Cisco Systems, CNA Financial, Delta Sigma Pi, DXP, Energy Systems Group, Mead Johnson Nutrition, Philadelphia Union, Ryder, State Farm, Target Corporation, TQL, and Yelp among others.
- 2020 Schroeder School Seniors placed in the 79th percentile in Marketing on the Major Field Test among 500 business schools.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Marketing Major
This degree requires completion of 124 semester hours, allocated as follows:
General Education – 38 hours: including Mathematics 134 or 221, Management 497
Common Core – 45 hours: The purpose of the common core is to provide students with careful preparation in the fundamental tools of decision making and leadership. All Schroeder School of Business Students complete the following courses: Accounting 210, 211; Business 100, 398, 400; Economics 101,102; Experiential Education 90; Finance 361; Logistics/Supply Chain Management 315; Law 201; Management 311, 331, 377; Marketing 325; Quantitative Methods 160, 227.
Marketing Major – 18 hours: MKT 330, 492 Four or more courses selected from the following MKT 373, 385, 477, 490, 380, 395 . May substitute two 300/400 curses (6 hours) with a prefix of ACCT, BUS, ECON, FIN, LAW, LSCM, MGT, MKT or QM.
Free Electives – approximately 17 hours to total 124.