Our award-winning faculty work closely with each student in the classroom, in our state-of-the-art lab facilities, and in the field, where all students have the opportunity to do research alongside their professors. The result is a high success rate among students, both during their time on campus and when they move on to a future in chemistry.
Benefits for UE Chemistry Students
- Undergraduate research alongside faculty members through UExplore Undergraduate Research or other similar research programs.
- Close interaction with faculty, small class sizes, and extensive hands-on lab experience in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Co-ops or internships at Mead Johnson Nutrition, SABIC Innovative Plastics, Red Spot Paint, and more.
- Experience of working as a UE lab assistant, supplemental instructor, or chemistry tutor while also earning money.
- Connecting with other students by joining the Chemistry Club.
Approximately one-third of UE chemistry department graduates are accepted into prestigious chemistry graduate programs, one-third into professional school (medical school, dental school, etc.), and the remainder are employed in the chemical industry upon graduation.
The University of Evansville’s Department of Chemistry is approved by the American Chemical Society (ACS), which sets high approval standards for faculty, facilities, curriculum, and more – all to ensure that graduates are prepared for successful chemistry careers.
Room 327, Koch Center for Engineering and Science