As an alumnus, parent or friend of the University, you have the opportunity to mentor and lead many students. Our goal is to directly connect current juniors and seniors with alumni, parents and friends of UE, in order to establish a variety of professional support.
Objectives of the program
- Provide insight into career opportunities through students' interaction with alumni in the state of Indiana
- Promote student leadership and encourage experiential education involvement
- Offer contacts and networking opportunities in the students' fields of interest
Mentor Expectations/Program Requirements
- Participate in a job shadow activity for student
- Meet once per month for one hour with student
- Attend one UE Connect Lunch and Learn (if possible)
- Conduct a résumé review with student
What are my responsibilities as a mentor?
- Introduce the student to your professional network
- Provide an opportunity for the student to tour your company
- Involve the student in social and networking functions
- Assist the student with their professional development needs
Submit your Mentor Interest Form online any time throughout the year. Mentor partners are assigned by the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations, in consultation with the Center for Career Development, based upon the best achievable match between the student and available mentors. During the Kickoff Luncheon, students will be introduced to their mentors. Students and their mentors will have the opportunity to meet as they wish and also participate in the UE Connect Lunch and Learns.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the UE Connect Mentoring Program will be delayed for the 2020-2021 academic year. The program is scheduled to resume in the spring of 2021. Program activities and dates will be scheduled at a later time. Alumni are encouraged to express their interest in becoming a mentor at any time by filling out the form below.
During the Kickoff Luncheon, students will meet their mentors and discuss goals and expectations. Activities and the level of involvement in this program will be mutually agreed upon by both partners.
Students and mentors must sign a Mentorship Agreement and agree to meet at least once a month. The Offices of Alumni and Parent Relations and the Center for Career Development will host on-campus luncheons to provide networking opportunities. After the program concludes, the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations will ask students and mentors to complete an electronic survey.
Mentor Speaker Series Luncheon
UE alumni, parents, friends, and community professionals are invited to campus to speak on various topics. Held on campus four times a year, mentors and students are invited to attend these free luncheons. If you are interested in presenting at one of these luncheons, please complete the mentor interest form or contact Nichole Coffey at email@example.com..
Sign Up Today!
Inspire a UE student today by becoming a UE mentor!