There are over 130 student organizations active on campus. The University of Evansville's School of Education provides a great place for students to develop leadership and networking skills through involvement with professional student organizations:
- Indiana Student Education Association (ISEA)
- Kappa Kappa Iota (KKI)
- Best Buddies
As a student member of the National Education Association (NEA), you "will be a part of the nation's largest education association (3.2 million members) working to provide you with tools and resources for a successful career" (NEA website). Below are some of the many benefits of joining ISEA:
- $1 MILLION in professional liability coverage that protects you every time you step into a classroom! ISEA offers other legal services such as will writing and consulting, as well as access to its network, so you can make connections with future and current teachers across the state and globe.
- Free admission to professional conferences and workshops.
- Opportunity for state and national ISEA leadership positions.
- Indicates professional leadership interests on resumes.
- Provides connection with the UE faculty and community.
- Discounts and services (low-interest credit cards , car rentals, mortgage plan with low down payment options, early-start investment plan for retirement , life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, magazine subscriptions, 18% off of your monthly Sprint bill and more).
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Free copies of NEA Today and ISTA newsletter.
- Opportunity to be a part of legislation and lobbying.
- ISEA Members have the opportunity to attend the fall conference free each year. The ISEA Fall Conference offers workshops, sessions and keynotes to prepare you for your education career and leadership in your Association.
- Members can also participate in Outreach to Teach, an “extreme school makeover” initiative, held at one Indiana school each spring. ISEA members from university chapters from around the state join together to improve the school by painting, landscaping, and much more!
Also, there is a dues rebate after graduation for each year of membership.
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. For individuals within this community, Best Buddies helps them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communications skills, and feel valued by society.