There are over 130 student organizations active on campus. The University of Evansville's School of Education provides a great place for students to develop leadership and networking skills through involvement with professional student organizations.
The School of Education has a dynamic ISTA-Aspiring Educators organization. They are part of a statewide group of undergraduate and graduate students at Indiana colleges and universities pursuing education degrees or planning to enter the education profession. ISTA-Aspiring Educators are future educators and leaders of the Indiana State Teachers Association. This organization advocates for education and supports the growth and success of our education students.
Our students participate in the annual statewide Fall Conference and also Outreach to Teach, a project that provides a makeover to a deserving Indiana school. The local chapter also hosts activities at UE for our members.
- $1 MILLION in professional liability coverage that protects you every time you step into a classroom! ISEA offers other legal services such as will writing and consulting, as well as access to its network, so you can make connections with future and current teachers across the state and globe.
- Free admission to professional conferences and workshops.
- Opportunity for state and national ISEA leadership positions.
- Provides connection with the UE faculty and community.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- ISEA Members have the opportunity to attend the fall conference free each year. The ISEA Fall Conference offers workshops, sessions and keynotes to prepare you for your education career and leadership in your Association.
- Members can also participate in Outreach to Teach, an “extreme school makeover” initiative, held at one Indiana school each spring. ISEA members from university chapters from around the state join together to improve the school by painting, landscaping, and much more!
Also, there is a dues rebate after graduation for each year of membership.
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. For individuals within this community, Best Buddies helps them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communications skills, and feel valued by society.