Measures of Success
Our mission is simple; a quality major produces a graduate who is prepared and excels in the classroom. UE’s early school placements during the freshman year lead to intensive internship and student teaching experiences for all majors. As a result, our graduates are well prepared for the rigors of the 21st century classroom.
- 100% of School of Education graduates from the class of 2015-2016 rated their preparation for teaching as excellent or good.
- 100% of 2016 graduates passed the Pedagogy State Licensing exam on the first attempt.
- Graduates help students grow in the classroom. A 2017-2018 sample of graduates revealed a student improvement range of 87-100% on a pre-test and post-test administered in the classroom.
According to focus group data from our 2017-2018 freshman class, the strengths of our Teacher Education program include:
- Small class sizes
- Getting into classrooms as a freshman
- Personal contact with faculty and academic advisors
- Campus and faculty diversity
- Various opportunities to study abroad
- Teaching Fellows scholarship (scholarship for teacher shortage areas and underrepresented teacher groups)
You can download the reports using the links below: