The School of Education has developed articulated pathways with 2-year institutions for candidates with an associate’s degree who are interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree and Indiana state teacher licensing in elementary or secondary education.
Requirements for completion of the elementary or secondary education licensing program include:
- Completion of a transfer admission application indicating a desire to study elementary or secondary education
- Passing Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) scores or state recognized equivalent
- Diploma, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree from an accredited program
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.8
Tuition and Aid
- $315 per credit hour
- Federal and State financial aid is available for those who qualify. No UE scholarships offered
- Complete a transfer application for admission by May 1
- Provide an official transcript from each of the colleges attended
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation from a professor or unrelated individual (minister, employer, etc)
- Students who meet UE’s general education requirements can expect to complete the program in four semesters.
Admission to Teacher Preparation Program following completion of summer transition coursework to include:
- EDUC 320: Instructional Strategies for K12 Teachers
- EDUC 322: Strategies for Special Needs Students in K-12 Schools
- PSYC 226: Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Continued high-level performance to meet School of Education gateway requirements for student teaching and graduation.
If you would like more information about this program or any of its components, please contact the School of Education at 812-488-2393.