The Department of History at the University of Evansville nurtures high academic standards. Faculty deliver a rigorous, challenging education balanced with one-on-one support and mentoring from faculty. Students gain valuable hands-on experiences, work with a faculty advisor to explore a variety of career options, complete an original research project on a subject they choose, and study abroad.
Benefits for UE History Students
Majoring in history gives you the tools to develop a clear understanding of our world and make sense of the forces that shape our lives on a daily basis. UE professors teach because of their passion and love for the subject, and desire to help students succeed by offering the following:
- Courses that are dynamic, innovative, exciting, and challenging.
- A friendly and supportive learning environment with a family atmosphere.
- Thoughtful personal guidance for your long-term future.
- Undergraduate research opportunities.
- Internships at locations such as the Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science; History New Harmony; and Angel Mounds State Historic Site.