- Demonstrate knowledge of basic medical sciences and their application to clinical practice.
- Recognize the pathophysiology, epidemiology, and clinical presentation of medical conditions.
Clinical and Technical Skills
- Obtain a complete and accurate medical history of patients presenting for medical care.
- Perform an accurate physical exam on patients presenting for medical care.
- Document an accurate patient encounter that includes all pertinent components of the medical record.
- Perform routine outpatient primary care procedures using appropriate technique.
Professional Behaviors and Interpersonal Skills
- Exhibit professional maturity and accountability for delivering safe and quality care to patients.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in the effective exchange of information.
Problem Solving and Clinical Reasoning
- Integrate data obtained throughout a patient encounter to formulate an appropriate differential diagnosis.
- Integrate data obtained throughout a patient encounter to formulate an appropriate management plan.
- Analyze and interpret basic laboratory data, diagnostic tests, and medical imaging studies utilized in the care of patients.
- Utilize the principles of evidence-based medicine to critically review literature to make practice-based improvements.