University of Evansville Mission and Core Values
To empower each student to think critically, act bravely, serve responsibly, and live meaningfully in a changing world.
- We promote academic and personal integrity to establish a culture of trust. Academic integrity begins with all students pledging to abide by our honor code, and extends to faculty, staff and administration adhering to our code of conduct. It culminates in an expectation of professionalism, transparency, and respect in all interactions. Personal integrity includes practicing informed, ethical decision-making, and respecting the ideas, rights, boundaries, and beliefs of others. Each member of our community is accountable and prepared to act as a responsible citizen of the world.
- We recognize the value of interdisciplinary teamwork, creative problem solving, global immersion, and learning experiences at home and abroad. We recognize the value of learning from failure. We have the freedom, flexibility, and motivation to create experiences that help our students think critically and act bravely. Each member of our community is challenged to discover novel solutions to modern problems and to become a catalyst for progress.
- Intellectual Curiosity
- We strive to develop lifelong learners. We introduce students to a variety of ideas that sharpen existing interests and awaken latent ones. We challenge students to stretch their minds, while supporting them with strong faculty engagement. Research, experiential learning, and community outreach foster intellectual curiosity while exposure to new ideas and technologies broadens our students' view of the world and what might be possible.
- Inclusive Community
- We value openness and collaboration, and recognize that inclusion leads to personal growth. Our commitment to actively fostering a diverse range of cultures and perspectives reflects the characteristics required to thrive in an increasingly global society. The university demonstrates and benefits from inclusion by welcoming all.
- Education for the Whole Person
- We cultivate intellectual, moral, social, physical, emotional and spiritual wellness through engagement and discovery. We value the liberal arts, sciences, and professional programs as paths to intellectual and personal growth, and we encourage the integration of knowledge across disciplinary lines. We promote engagement in organizations, programs, and the community as essential to personal development. We equip individuals to examine their world, articulate their values, and develop the character needed to live healthy lives of meaning and purpose.
College of Education and Health Sciences Mission
Prepare students to be critical thinkers, lifelong learners, advocates for those they serve and committed to social and civic responsibility.
Strategies to Accomplish Mission
To accomplish this mission, the College of Education and Health Sciences seeks to promote student intellectual, personal, social and career development through a supportive and challenging academic environment that encourages critical thinking, ethical behavior, and the ability to analyze and independently solve problems. As a college, we will continue our tradition of excellence in preparing competent and caring service-oriented professionals.
The University of Evansville – a leading private university in the Midwest – is recognized nationally for developing students’ personal and professional competencies, cultivating critical and creative thinkers, and producing ethical, global citizens equipped to thrive in a world of complexity and change. We accomplish this by attracting and retaining talented and motivated students who succeed within a diverse, supportive, and sustainable environment.
Department of Physician Assistant Science Mission
The University of Evansville Physician Assistant Program mission is to educate well-rounded, professional, competent physician assistants who are leaders of change within their communities.