Admission into the professional Physician Assistant (PA) Program requires an undergraduate degree and prerequisite courses in the sciences. Most prospective PA students will pursue a science-based undergraduate degree; however, any undergraduate major is acceptable as long as the prerequisites are completed. The University of Evansville (UE) offers a strong undergraduate preparation. Several currently developed degree options for prospective PA students include biology, biochemistry, chemistry, clinical laboratory science, exercise science, neuroscience, and public health.
All prerequisite science courses must be designed for science majors, other courses will not be accepted.
- General/Inorganic Chemistry (with lab)-two semesters
- Organic Chemistry (with lab)-two semesters
- General Biology (with lab)-one semester
- Microbiology (with lab)-one semester
Anatomy and Physiology (with lab)-two semesters
- May include one semester of anatomy and one semester of physiology or two semesters of combined anatomy and physiology
- May be comparative anatomy and/or physiology
Social Science-two semesters
- Psychology – one semester
- Any other social science (e.g. sociology, anthropology, etc.)
- Medical Terminology
Admission to the Physician Assistant Program
Entry into the professional phase is a very competitive process based on both quantitative and qualitative variables. At the University of Evansville there are two admission pathways into the Physician Assistant (PA) Program.
Minimum Application Requirements (ALL):
Submit a completed CASPA application.
- The application for January 2020 entry into the PA Program will be available on April 25, 2019.
- To be considered for an interview, the application must be verified by CASPA by August 1, 2019.
- Verification of an application by CASPA could take four weeks.
- Successful completion of CASPer online assessment
Completion of a bachelor’s degree by time of matriculation into the PA Program.
- Applicants may apply prior to obtaining their degree.
- There are no specific required degree or majors to gain entrance.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (both overall and prerequisite).
- A grade of C or higher in all prerequisite course work. A grade of C- does not meet the requirement.
All but three prerequisite courses must be completed at time of application submission.
- The remaining prerequisites must be completed by the end of the fall semester (December) prior to entering the program.
- Final transcripts must be submitted no later than December 21.
Graduate Records Exam (GRE)
- Please use the following Designated Institution (DI) GRE code when indicating the University of Evansville’s PA Program as a score recipient: DI Code: 1765
- GRE or MCAT is required. No minimum score. Students will be evaluated on a competitive basis.
- Complete an on-campus interview.
Meet technical standards.
- UE welcomes all students and will provide reasonable accommodations to those students with documented need to meet this standard.
Complete a criminal background check.
- Criminal background checks are required each year for physician assistant students.
- There are NO requirements for prior healthcare experience.
- The University of Evansville Assistant Program does not recognize any special populations.
Students selected for the B/PA Program must meet additional requirements throughout their undergraduate experience to maintain their position. See Pathway 1: B/PA Program.
The University of Evansville Physician Assistant Program reserves the right to make all final admission decisions.