Applying for New Student Housing

Applying for Housing

The housing process for new UE students begins after you send in your admission deposit.

Starting in early March, any student who has paid their admission deposit will receive a message from the Office of Residence Life. This message will include information on how to access UE's online application materials for housing and meal plans on Self-Service (you will need your UE username and password that you previously set up). A $75 non-refundable housing registration fee will be collected when signing up for housing each year.

There is something for everyone. Prior to signing up for housing, we invite you to explore our residence halls.

Housing assignments and move-in information:

  • Final housing assignments with building placement, room number, and roommate information will be available on Self-Service during the second week of June.
  • You will receive an email once housing assignments are uploaded to Self-Service.
  • If you are on a payment plan and are assigned to a hall that has a different rate or change your meal plan with a different rate, contact the Office of Student Financial Services to make any necessary adjustments.
  • View new student Move-in information.

Notes regarding placement and your Housing and Food Service Contract:

  • The director of residence life determines exceptions and modifications to housing policy. This includes, but is not limited to space allocation, credit hour requirements, filling vacancies, temporary assignments, consolidations, gender assignments, disability accommodations, reserved housing, theme living, and contract cancellations.
  • The University reserves the right to make or change assignments, assign a new roommate, or consolidate spaces at any point of the academic year based on the needs of the program. The University also reserves the right to cancel a housing contract for academic failure, non-payment for services, breach of contract, criminal behavior, or violation of rules of conduct and/or housing regulations as outlined in the Student Handbook, in the Residence Life section of the University Website, and in other materials published by the
  • Please review your Housing and Food Service Contract for more details.


  • Contact the Office of Residence Life if you have questions regarding residence halls, assignments, meal plans, or other aspects of living on campus.
  • Contact your Admission Counselor if you have difficulties logging into Self-Service.