Please plan to arrive on August 12, 13, or 14, 2019. Orientation begins August 14 at 4:30 p.m. When you arrive on one of these dates we will be happy to pick you up at the Evansville Regional Airport (EVV) and take you to your on-campus housing assignment. New international students who arrive on official arrival days of August 12-14 to attend International Orientation will not incur additional fees to move on campus upon arrival.
Submit your Arrival Information Form as soon as you have purchased your ticket through the student portal.
International Student Orientation
Orientation and testing will take place August 14-20, and classes begin on Wednesday, August 21. Your International Orientation Leader will give you instructions on the time and place when they pick you up at the airport.
If you are driving in, please contact our office so we can provide you with information on the Orientation Schedule via email or 812-488-2279.
During Orientation you will be given mandatory placement tests in writing, English and mathematics. These tests are designed to assess your previous course work and determine the appropriate beginning level of instruction for you here at UE.
After we have received confirmation that you have sent your admission deposit, you will receive email instructions describing how to register for housing and a meal plan. Housing is assigned on a first come, first served basis. Students who have registered for housing will be able to move in beginning August 12.
The MOST IMPORTANT aspect of finalizing your preparation for arriving at the University of Evansville is completing your health and immunization card. Public health laws safeguarding group living are very strict. Without proper medical/health documentation, admittance to the University is prohibited. The cost of a medical examination, inoculations and a TB test is expensive in the United States and must be paid by the student. Having these requirements completed by you and your family physician (doctor) at home will help you avoid added complications.
It is important that you submit all required medical information. The University of Evansville requires all full-time graduate and undergraduate students, including all international students, to provide their health history and immunization records. The Physical Assessment must be completed before the first day of class, otherwise the student may not be allowed to register for or attend classes.
You must have the following immunizations:
Two Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccinations (MMR), a Tetanus shot within the last 10 years, and 3 Meningitis vaccinations. The State of Indiana requires all students to receive a TB skin test in the United States. You will receive one on campus for a $20 fee.
NOTE: If you do not have your physical examination and vaccinations completed before you arrive, you will be required to do so at your cost before you can register for classes. Please plan accordingly.
Paying the Bill
Your acceptance packet includes an estimated invoice for your first session. Before you register for classes, you must pay your expenses; therefore, we recommend that you wire your funds directly to the University of Evansville before your arrive. Wire transfer instructions are included on the estimated invoice. Please indicate your name and UE identification number, which you will find on the invoice.
NOTE: Embassy-sponsored students must have a valid financial guarantee letter in order to register for classes.
- Office Link- International: International Student Engagement & Services
- Dining - Dining Services provides details about the wide variety of meal plans and services offered to UE students. It includes menus, ingredient lists, meal and flex option descriptions, hours of operation, and more!
- The Halls - An in-depth description of all of our dorms.
- The Villages - An in depth look at the village housing.
- Services - A list of resources available to students living on campus. Includes information about mail, packages, phone service, cable listings, computing, heating & air conditioning, laundry, bike lockers, storage, and more!
- Mail - Information about mail and sending packages.
- Roommates - Roommate tips and pointers.
- Staff Roles - A description about the people who live and work in Residence Life.
- ResLife Handbook - A comprehensive guide that outlines essential policies and procedures for Campus Living.