Please plan to arrive on August 11 or 12, 2020. Welcome Week begins the morning of August 13. Our closest airport is the Evansville Regional Airport (EVV). When you arrive at the airport, you will need to make the appropriate transportation arrangements to get to campus. There are several taxi and ride services (i.e., Uber) available in Evansville. Just tell them you need to go to the University of Evansville, and which residence hall, and they will know where to take you. There will be a resident assistant on duty to help you find your room.
You will receive an email with instructions to sign up for an online orientation and any placement tests you may need to complete. These tests are designed to assess your previous course work and determine the appropriate beginning level of instruction for you here at UE.
After we have received confirmation that you have sent your admission deposit, you will receive email instructions describing how to register for housing and a meal plan. Housing is assigned on a first come, first served basis. Students who have registered for housing will be able to move in beginning August 11.
The MOST IMPORTANT aspect of finalizing your preparation for arriving at the University of Evansville is completing your health and immunization information. Public health laws safeguarding group living are very strict. Without proper medical/health documentation, admittance to the University is prohibited. The cost of a medical examination, inoculations and a TB test is expensive in the United States and must be paid by the student. Having these requirements completed by you and your family physician (doctor) at home will help you avoid added complications.
UE’s Crayton E. and Ellen Mann Health Center makes clear all health requirements on the health center website.
It is important that you submit all required medical information. The University of Evansville requires all full-time graduate and undergraduate students, including all international students, to provide their health history and immunization records. The Physical Assessment must be completed before the first day of class, otherwise the student may not be allowed to register for or attend classes.
You must have the following immunizations:
Two Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccinations (MMR), a Tetanus shot within the last 10 years, and Meningitis vaccinations. The State of Indiana requires all students to receive a TB skin test in the United States. You will receive one on campus for a $20 fee. Please refer to the requirements.
NOTE: If you do not have your physical examination and vaccinations completed before you arrive, you will be required to do so at your cost before you can register for classes. Please plan accordingly.
Paying the Bill
Your acceptance packet includes an estimated invoice for your first session. Before you register for classes, you must pay your expenses; therefore, we recommend that you wire your funds directly to the University of Evansville before you arrive. Wire transfer instructions are included on the estimated invoice. Please indicate your name and UE identification number, which you will find on the invoice.
NOTE: Embassy-sponsored students must have a valid financial guarantee letter in order to register for classes.
- Office Link- International: International Student Engagement & Services
- Dining - Dining Services provides details about the wide variety of meal plans and services offered to UE students. It includes menus, ingredient lists, meal and flex option descriptions, hours of operation, and more!
- The Halls - An in-depth description of all of our dorms.
- The Villages - An in depth look at the village housing.
- Services - A list of resources available to students living on campus. Includes information about mail, packages, phone service, cable listings, computing, heating & air conditioning, laundry, bike lockers, storage, and more!
- Mail - Information about mail and sending packages.
- Roommates - Roommate tips and pointers.
- Staff Roles - A description about the people who live and work in Residence Life.
- ResLife Handbook - A comprehensive guide that outlines essential policies and procedures for Campus Living.