About Campus Safety
The Office of Public Safety is under the direction of the Director and Chief of Public Safety. The office is staffed by a Senior Administrative Assistant, two Sergeants, a Corporal, five officers, and four dispatchers.
The Office of Public Safety provides enforcement of University policies and regulations. Although Public Safety officers do not have arrest powers, they work with local law enforcement to ensure a safe campus.
In addition to enforcement functions, the Office of Public Safety plays an important role in the planning and execution of the University Emergency Reponses Plan. The Office of Public Safety, along with community and campus partners, conducts ongoing training to prepare the campus community for a variety of potential incidents that could impact safety.
The Office of Public Safety also provides support services for the campus community. These services include:
- Preparing University ID cards
- Providing evening escorts
- Providing transportation for minor medical emergencies and health issues
- Providing assistance in starting stalled vehicles
- Maintaining a lost and found
- Inspecting campus facilities and grounds for fire and safety compliance
- Notifying the appropriate campus authorities when safety issues are identified
All members of the University community play a role in keeping the campus safe. Any safety or security concern should be reported to the Office of Public Safety.