Several support services offered by the Office of Public Safety are provided at their office in the General Services building. The office is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There are also certain situations when Public Safety will respond to specific locations as part of their duties. Requests for non-emergency services will be handled in the order in which they are received. Please be aware that requests for emergency services will be given priority over non-emergency services. Once the priority situation has been resolved, Public Safety Officers will resume responding to non-emergency service requests.

Identification Cards

The Office of Public Safety issues University ID cards for the entire campus community. While on campus, students shall have their University issued ID card in their possession. If a student does not have their University ID card, they may be denied access to campus facilities and events. If your ID card is lost or stolen, you must notify the Office of Public Safety. Replacement University ID cards are issued at the Office of Public Safety. There is a $15 replacement fee. The Office of Public Safety can only accept cash payment and prefers you pay with the exact amount. Replacement ID cards are issued Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. You do not need an appointment.

Lost and Found

Lost Items
If you have lost an item, call Public Safety at 812-488-2051 to see if it has been turned in. If the item has not been turned in, a record of the inquiry and your contact information will be made in case it is turned in later. Note- If you left an item in a computer lab, you may also contact the Office of Technology Services to see if they found the item.

Found Items
Found items are logged, tagged, and placed in a secure lockup. Items are kept up to one year.

Maintenance Calls

If a maintenance problem is encountered in a residence hall or village apartment, students should submit a work order through campus work orders system. Students should also notify their RA or RC, who will help evaluate the situation.

Maintenance should be called automatically for Gas Leaks, CO Monitor Alarms, major water leaks, floods, and in the event of a fire (812-488-2775) regardless of day or time. Maintenance is also called if serious injury, property damage, or loss of property could occur if the problem is not corrected.

Minor repairsMinor repair needs should be requested through a work order available at

Emergency repairsMajor problems that require immediate attention (e.g., broken door lock, major water leak, loss of heat) should be reported directly to the Office of Facilities Management and Planning at 812-488-2775. If you are unable to reach the Office of Facilities Management and Planning to report the emergency, contact the Office of Public Safety at 812-488-2051.