College of Education and Health Sciences
The College of Education and Health Sciences offers premium programs in teacher education and health sciences leading to careers in various professions. Bachelor, masters, and doctoral degrees are offered depending on student interest and career goals. All degree programs offer experiential opportunities including internships, clinicals, and student teaching, and students are mentored by qualified professionals in real-life work settings. Students in the College of Education and Health Sciences interact with exceptional faculty who are dedicated to each student’s academic and personal success.
Many of our undergraduate programs can be used as a pre-professional foundation to apply to University of Evansville graduate health programs or those offered elsewhere. In fact many students who graduate with an undergraduate degree from our College, go on to professional health programs and are now working as physical therapists, physician assistants, physicians, optometrists, podiatrists, or chiropractors.
In addition to the health science advising offered by faculty and staff in the College, additional pre-professional advising is offered by the College of Arts and Sciences for students interested in applying to medical school.
The College of Education and Health Sciences offers the following opportunities for students:
- Direct entry programs are available for high school students interested in pursuing nursing, athletic training, physician assistant, or physical therapy degrees.
- Professional programs including nursing, athletic training, physical therapy, physician assistant, and teacher education are fully accredited.
- 96 percent of last year’s graduates were employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- Study abroad is possible for all of the students in the College. Approximately 50 percent of our students complete a study abroad experience.
Community engagement and service is a hallmark of the College. Students volunteer for countless local organizations providing valuable services including:
- Assisting local elementary schools with after school reading programs and tutoring for K-12 students
- Providing free physical therapy to the uninsured and homeless in Evansville
- Providing health screenings and education at community health fairs
- Offering wellness and personal training programs for UE faculty and staff members
- Providing athletic training coverage to UE’s Division I athletes
- Graduates in our athletic training, education, nursing, and physical therapy programs consistently score above the national averages on their professional licensing exams.
The Stone Family Center for Health Sciences, located in downtown Evansville, houses UE's Doctor of Physical Therapy program and the Masters of Physician Assistant Science program along with programs from the IU School of Medicine, the IU School of Dentistry, and USI's College of Nursing and Health Professions. This state-of-the-art facility provides unique opportunities for interprofessional education and collaboration.
Learn more about the Stone Family Center as featured in Evansville Living magazine.
Areas of study
Mrs. Mary Kessler
Dean of the College of Education and Health Sciences
Graves Hall, Room 301
Mrs. Jaime Wilder
Administrative Associate/Dean Education & Health Sciences
Office Room 301, Graves Hall