Prospective Freshmen Gift Assistance
The University of Evansville is the largest provider of financial aid to our students. UE gift assistance is available only to first-time, full-time domestic undergraduates in traditional degree programs who will enter UE in fall 2016. UE gift assistance is for tuition only unless otherwise stated.
Award amounts listed below are from the 2016-2017 academic year and may vary for future academic years.
Merit or academic focused scholarships are offered to students based upon the information gathered from the University of Evansville Application for Admission and Scholarship. The University of Evansville offers rolling admission, with an Early Action deadline of Tuesday, December 1, 2015. Students who meet the Early Action deadline receive the strongest scholarship consideration. Students submitting their admission application after December 1 are eligible for scholarships based on fund availability.
- Academic scholarships are determined based on the student’s collective academic and leadership accomplishments, along with recognitions outside the classroom. Collective base awards range in value from a total of $11,000 to $20,000 based on the quality of the applicant pool.
- National Merit finalists will receive a full-tuition award.
Performing Arts Scholarships
- Auditions are required for students applying to the Departments of Music or Theatre, to earn admission to the program and for scholarship evaluation.
- Scholarship value is influenced by both academic ability and performing arts talent. This amount will include Theatre or Music consideration, as well as all activities and recognitions.
- Scholarship notification will come AFTER the audition.
Additional Scholarship Considerations
All of the following scholarships may be awarded in addition to your academic/performing arts scholarship, up to full-tuition, based on leadership, service, and credential verification. These recognitions will be included in your Annual UE Scholarship notification.
University of Evansville Scouting Scholarship – Candidates must have earned the Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout, Girl Scouts of the USA Gold Award, Sea Scouting Quartermaster Award, American Heritage Girls Stars and Stripes Award, or Venturing Silver Award.
William L. Ridgway Award – Candidates must be dependent students who maintain permanent residence in Vanderburgh County or who will graduate from an accredited high school located in Vanderburgh County.
Legacy Award – Awarded to children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of UE graduates.
United Methodist Scholarship – Awarded if student is an active member of a United Methodist Church.
Music Ensemble Grant for non-music majors – Students must complete an audition with the Department of Music by March 10, 2016, and demonstrate sufficient talent to participate in band, choir, or orchestra. Renewal requires continued participation in an eligible ensemble.
Manager and Trainer Grants – Awarded at the discretion of UE's athletics manager or trainer to students who assist with UE's NCAA Division I athletics teams.
Renewal Criteria – UE scholarships are renewable annually for 4 years (eight long semesters) if student maintains a minimum cumulative GPA as indicated below. Renewal is also based on residency (2 years) and full-time enrollment. Residency requirements do apply - see UE Housing requirement as it relates to full-renewal of scholarships.
- 3.0 GPA required for full renewal of all National Merit awards, Trustee, and President’s
- 2.5 GPA required for all other scholarships/awards.