How to Apply - Transfer Students
The University of Evansville defines transfer students as those who have graduated from high school or received their GED and have enrolled at a college or university, regardless of credit hours earned. Students are welcome to apply for either the fall or the spring semester, and should apply by the appropriate deadline. To be considered for admission, your cumulative college grade point average should be at least a B to high C average. You may supplement your application with a personal statement letter or letters of recommendation.
- Official college transcript(s) from every post secondary school you have attended.
- Official high school transcript (optional except for nursing majors, engineering majors, or students with less than 24 college credit hours earned).
- SAT or ACT score (optional except for nursing or engineering majors).
- Optional personal statement or letter of recommendation.
- August 1 – Application deadline for fall semester admission.
- August 16, 2018 – STAR (Student Transfer Advising and Registration) for Fall 2018.
- December 1 – Application deadline for spring semester admission.
- January 11, 2019 – STAR for Spring 2019.
Once a Transfer student has been admitted and decides to attend UE, they will need to submit a non-refundable $150 admission deposit to secure their spot at UE.
The University of Evansville actively recruits students from all community colleges in the tri-state area. UE has current Articulation Agreements with Ivy Tech Community College and Vincennes University, which means transfer curriculum for the following programs has been approved by both partner institutions.
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Ivy Tech Community College
- Criminal Justice
- Elementary Education
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Reverse Transfer Agreement: The University of Evansville and Ivy Tech Community College have partnered to create a statewide reverse transfer agreement for students who have transferred to UE prior to completing their associate degree at Ivy Tech. Once the student has attained 75 or more total credit hours (including the minimum of 15 from Ivy Tech), they will be notified each semester of their potential eligibility for an Ivy Tech associate degree through reverse transfer until they opt-in or opt-out.
How Classes Transfer
Once you are admitted, we will send you a transfer credit evaluation that shows how many hours will transfer, how many will apply toward graduation, and how many you need to complete your degree. Most courses in which you have earned at least a grade of C will transfer to UE. For more information on UE’s transfer credit policies, see the Office of the Registrar’s page.
If you are interested in learning about which of your courses will transfer to UE before you apply for admission, transfer credit estimates are available. Please contact the Office of Admission at 1-833-BeAnAce (1-833-232-6223), or email email@example.com.