ChangeLab Program (formerly GAP)
Berry Plastics ChangeLab team at their Global Headquarters for a project meeting with executives.
A. O. Smith team returning from presentation to senior executives in Milwaukee.
What is ChangeLab?
This innovative, experiential program bridges the gap between what you learn in the classroom and what you need in the real world. Multi-disciplinary teams of students work side-by-side with leading organizations on real-world issues that matter. Guided by faculty coaches and outside experts, participants produce practical outcomes for their clients. Receive class credit while impacting your world! Watch the video.
Why Should You Participate?
The ChangeLab program is your chance to:
- Put your skills to work in the real world and make a difference.
- Work with students from other majors.
- Increase your confidence.
- Earn credit and gain marketable skills.
- All majors welcome!
- The Jezreel Expedition: Develop a marketing and fundraising strategy for an archeological dig in Israel.
- Berry Plastics: Advise a global manufacturer on international expansion strategy.
- Neuromarketing: Utilize state-of-the-art neuroscience equipment for market research.
- Mission Guatemala: Improve nutrition, health and education delivery services for people in rural Guatemala.
- Alternative Energy: Use state-of-the-art weather and solar equipment to identify wasted energy on campus and in the community and make recommendations for improving energy efficiency.
- UE Cultural District: Identify cultural factors that make UE special and provide recommendations on the development of the new UE Cultural District.
- Growth Alliance of Greater Evansville: Help attract foreign direct investment to the city of Evansville.
How To Participate
- Look for the GAP prefix when registering, and choose the project of your interest. NOTE: Since the ChangeLab Program is by instructor permission, you’ll need to complete the steps below in order to register successfully.
- Fill out a quick application>.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will be contacted. Upon approval, the Registrar’s Office will open online registration to enable you to register for the course in the usual manner.
For more information, contact:
Erin Lewis, Program Director
Propose your own ChangeLab (GAP) project
ChangeLab Project Websites
- ChangeLab Alumni at Congressional Briefing
- ChangeLab team visits Mission Guatemala
- Article about ChangeLab (formerly GAP) in NAC&U